Chapter 8

"Oh my God, Y/N. I don't care." My mom shook her head and held me closer. "I don't care. I'm just glad you're safe."

This time a tear ran down my cheek and before I knew it, I was bawling my eyes out and hugging my mother back so tight I was afraid I could make her lose her breath.

Maybe it was the pain. Maybe it was the love. Maybe both. The mom I always knew wasn't like this–she was strict, paranoid about men and over-protective in a way that was passing all boundaries.

But here I am, kneeling on the doorstep with the same mother holding me tighter than ever before and crying with her–not because of some stupid silly first world problem, but because of finally showing each other that we care.

My last actions didn't actually prove that, but seeing mom shed tears like that moved me to them too and they felt relieving. Like some kind of atonement.

~

"Gah, I'm proud of you, really." Sugawara said on the other side of the phone.

I rolled over in my bed, putting my head onto a pillow. "I didn't do anything." Not a lie.

"You did," he said in a tone so convincing he just might have talked my mom into not hating men himself. "You told the truth."

"Oh. Yeah, good point." I chuckled and a laugh reached me too.

Words couldn't really describe how I felt–not because I was feeling euphoric, nothing like that–it was some kind of a mix of happiness, relief and a bunch of other emotions.

Me and my mom were on good terms, she didn't care if I was hanging out with a guy, I liked that guy and we kissed.

I sighed, covering my eyes yet still smiling like an idiot. "Would it be crazy if I said I love you?"

"Not if I said I love you too. I love you too, Y/N." I could swear Sugawara was smiling as he spoke too.

~

The next day flew by quickly and Kōshi walked me home, our hands in each other's.

"Thank you," I said as we reached the house and stopped to say goodbye. "But really, you didn't have to–"

Sugawara kissed me on the forehead and that shut me up. "You better get used to this."

I buried my head into his chest and that feeling of coziness spilled over me again. But this time, I wasn't afraid of going back to my house.

"Alright. Somehow." I smiled, straightening up. "See you tomorrow."

"See you," Kōshi waved, his lips' corners curling upward too.

Opening the doors to our house wasn't hard, not like before. And for the first time since forever, I said, "Tadaima."

~

GAH YES THIS IS THE END.
I do know it is rushed, because I did rush this duh. And I apologize. But on the other hand, I was going to drop this book, so some kind of ending is still better than no ending, right?

Thank you all for reading and commenting and voting! Seriously, I'm really grateful.

And that's that
Love you guys