Chapter 6

~
Oya oya oya
(Also, I feel like this song, or at least few sentences lol, really suits this chapter. Originally, I put in "Seven" by RKS, but then changed it into this one, cause that one's a bit too joyful, hah)
P. S. Anybody listening to Glass Animals? Hmu, I really need someone to talk to about the meanings behind the lyrics because I'm s h o o k e t h.

 Anybody listening to Glass Animals? Hmu, I really need someone to talk to about the meanings behind the lyrics because I'm s h o o k e t h

~

"Hey," I muttered and came into the classroom, shutting the door behind me (not as roughly as the previous time, though.)

"Oh, hi," Sugawara lifted his eyes from the textbook on the desk. He was sitting backwards on his chair, facing the table that was supposed to be behind him, that is, if he sat normally.

We were the only ones there.

Let me repeat myself in case you didn't hear, the only ones.

And for some odd reason, I'm not myself when I'm with him. It's like, every sentence he says or every move he makes catches me completely off guard.

"Where is the teacher?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"No idea," he looked through the window, "might not even come since there's only the two of us here."

"Oh."

Thinking of a way to act naturally, I came up to Sugawara and sat down in front of him, we were now facing each other. Well, not exactly, since I started taking out my notebook out of my school bag, but still. I could feel him lowering his head down to the paper as he began to continue doing the extra homework our teacher had given us, but when I looked up at him again, I got freezed in my tracks by the view that opened up in front of my eyes.

The sun was already beginning to set, and its rays shone right onto Sugawara, highlighting his facial features and making him look like somewhat out of a fairytale.

And then, in a heartbeat, Sugawara's eyes were looking straight into mine, almost piercing through.

Everything around me went faded white, all I could see was him. His slightly opened mouth, his kind of ruffled hair and his widened hazel eyes. All I wanted to do is to drown in this sight for an eternity.

Though, honestly, how can such soft, kind eyes look so determined yet sad sometimes? This isn't the first time I'm seeing Sugawara with this kind of expression either.

"Why.." I whispered, our faces only an inch apart. "Why are you looking at me like this?"

His appearance didn't shift, except for him looking down at the desk. Kuso, I thought. Just when I felt that strange connection again.. But then, his eyes suddenly locked onto mine once more.

"You're just like me."

"Eh? N-nani?"

"That look in your eyes, it's painfully familiar." He stopped for a second. "You play volleyball, don't you?"

"Y-Yeah, what about it?" I asked as my mind went back to when Sugawara was walking me home and we talked about the clubs we're in.

"You, don't want to play anymore, is that it?" He whispered, our noses literally being a breath away. Though, these words hit me like a truck and the next thing I knew, tears were streaming down my face as I gritted my teeth.
"Hey, what is it?" Sugawara's eyes widened in shock and he gripped my shoulder, however, not looking away.

"I don't.. I don't want to play anymore.." My voice cracked through tears. "That's the worst thing, you know? I want to be able to feel that sensation again, I really do," I sobbed, "But my body, or mind, or whatever, thinks otherwise! I don't want to lose volleyball!" I saw that teardrops have already wetened the notebook's papers below us as I tried to wipe them off my face.

There were way too many.

I squeezed my eyes, completely embarrassed about my actions and rambling, while doing the best I could at stopping the overflowing tears. And then.. I warm hand came to help.

"Every player feels the same pride about the fact that they're going to be on the court, no matter whether they're some genius or just a regular person," Sugawara's fingertip seemed to have wiped all the sadness and desperation away with just a single stroke from under my eye, his warm hand resting on my left cheek. "And you should, too." He whispered and then his gaze shifted from my eyes to my lips.

~

Gaaah people I'm sorry I feel like this sucks, but I haven't updated in ages so I really wanted to do something.
We're nearing 100 reads and I'm really, like r e a l l y grateful to everyone. Especially NerdyBluu and The_Mystic_V , who have been supporting me endlessly, at least that's how I feel. Go and check out their books, too!
Also, I did that illustration as well, but I used a whole bunch of references lmao, so it's not entirely original.
Okay, peace
Ibu
xo