Chapter Sixteen

I tried my best with this chapter and it still didn't come out as planned. But it happens. Let me know what you think.

I was painfully aware of the fact that I wasn't suppose to get out of bed for anything other than to use the bathroom. But that didn't mean I was going to listen. 

I slowly lowered my feet over the side of my bed and cursed under my breath. I had opted out of pain medication completely, save for once this morning, so this wasn't going to be a piece of cake.

But not even that was going to stop me from getting to Ryder. I had to talk to him now and it couldn't wait until later. My mind was racing.

Reaching for the nightstand, I stood up slowly and kept my weight on my good leg. Then I decided I couldn't hop all the way over to the door like that, so I turned my foot a bit and pushed down on it enough to step forward with the other. ''Oh my god,'' I hissed. It felt as if I was tearing the wound back open. Then again, I probably was.

Stumbling to the door as fast as I could, I reached for the handle and swung the door open. I gripped both sides of the doorway to keep from falling. My nails dug into them.

My room was right at the beginning of the hall so I didn't have far to go until I reached the main room. Now if only I could make it there without face planting the floor first. Talk about embarrassing? 

I looked up and down the long hall that all of the bedrooms were located on. Not a single soul was out and about. They were probably screwing women or drinking. What a shocker.

Finally I reached the opening to the main room. The only thing keeping me from falling was the wall, so you better believe that I was holding on to it for dear life.

Some guys were relaxing and drinking. I couldn't see Ryder though, but if I had to guess he was probably pissed at me and hiding out in his office.

''What are you doing out of bed? I told you to call me if you needed anything,'' Liam shouted, drawing attention to me.

''I need Ryder, and I figured he wouldn't come if you asked him to. He's a little mad at me.''

''A little?'' Damien chuckled, ''He's beyond mad.'' 

I just rolled my eyes. ''Get him for me! Now!''

''Ryder!'' Devin shouted. Guess they were too lazy to stand up and find him.

''What?'' He yelled back. He was definitely in his office.

''Get your ass out here!'' Damien interrupted.

Ryder came stumbling out the door, shirtless, sweaty, and buttoning the button on his jeans. He had no shame. ''Taking out some anger, huh?'' I asked as a half naked girl came out behind him.

''What do you want? And why are you out of bed?'' Ryder asked as he pulled a shirt over his head.

''I need to talk to you.''

''You need to talk to me? Last I remember, you were the one telling me to leave,'' he spat.

''It's about your...family,'' It was sort of a play on words but if I said anything else I'd give away too much to the guys.

His eyes widened, ''My family?''

''Yes,'' I locked my eyes on his. He knew that I knew. I could see it in his eyes. ''Ryder, come on. We need to talk, and I'm about to fall.''

Ryder's attitude suddenly changed and he sighed as he walked over to me and told everyone else to mind their own business.

I wrapped an arm around his neck and he helped me back to my room.