Confusion [Editing]

Start from the beginning

"They're both nice Christian/Catholic schools. I've never been the religious type but the both of you need Jesus."

I cover my eyes with my hand as I hear my sister's sobs increase just what my mom was expecting.

"Sammy, come here. Shhhh." I try to hug her as best as I can. Her sobs muscle into my chest making my mother frown disapprovingly.

"If you're going to send us away, that's fine. But don't split us up." We have never been apart. Ever. Not like this. If she is away from me. . .

"No, you both need to be separated from each other. You look what you two have grown into. Being with each other didn't benefit either one of you in the slightest!"

"Christian" She sobs into my shirt still a loud and uncontrolled as before. "It's the least you can do! She's my sister!"

"Wow.Wow.Wow. What's going on in here?" Daniel comes and kisses my mom's cheek and sits down allowing her to sit down on his lap.

"Samantha, stop that dreadful crying. Your father is trying to talk."

I see him eyeing the papers on the table as I continue to rub her back whispering how it's going to be ok. "I'll come visit you. You can come visit me. Don't worry. . .Shhhh. . ." she calms down enough to stop sobbing and all that's left is her sniffling. I feel so bad for her. I don't even know what to do. . .

"So you told them?"

"Yes honey. . ." She rubs his chest absently. His eyes are trained on me, but I continue to put all of my attention towards my sister. I'm glad he only has an interest in me. I swear if he ever tried something with my sister I wouldn't hesitate to kill him. I kiss her forehead and begin to rub her shoulders.

It's better if we do leave than to have to deal with this. I want to know she is safe. That's what a big brother is for. . .I gather Sammy up in my arms and make my way upstairs. I'm through talking to that woman. The moment I walk out of this house for good will also be the moment I stop calling her mom. I'm done with her. 

Sammy has constantly tried reaching out to her and she had only gotten the cold shoulder in response. I sit her down on her bed as I bend down next to it. "Sammy. . ."

"She is nothing but a bitch! I hate her!"

"And how does that help anything? How is that going to help this situation?"

Her eyes widen and slowly begin to fill with more tears. "I love you and that's all that should matter. We have each other no matter what. . .You just have to be strong Sammy. It'll be a new place with new people. You can have a fresh start. Take this as a chance, an opportunity to make a new start."

She nods her head as I smile at her.

"And. . .you? You have a great life here Christian. And Kai. What are you-"

"I'll be fine. . ."

"No, you won't Christian. You really like him, I can tell."

I let out a shaky sigh and get up. "I do. . .I really do like him. . .but how can I explain all of this to him and expect for him to stay with me? I know how long distance relationships end. . .and Kai. . .he's a very touchy, cuddly, snuggle person. He loves skin-to-skin contact so-"

"Christian. . ." I lock her door and walk out the room and quickly walk into my room. I don't want to hear myself lying out loud about my feelings for him. They run so much deeper than just simply liking him. And me having to leave is crushing me. I hear my door shut right behind me making me freeze right on spot. This cannot be. . .

"I bet you were going to lock the door weren't you?"

My eyes fall as I hear his voicing getting closer and closer to me. He walks around me and stops. "You thought you could avoid me?" A tinge of anger begins to leak from his voice making me nervous and frigid. I don't want to make any sudden movements. I honestly don't know what he is capable of. But like I said, I rather it be me than her.