*9*

Two months later

Noah's POV

I throw my wet stuff into the machine and start it just in time for my mom to walk in and cross her arms. 

"It seems someone's looking for you." 

"It's not some customer who took a liking to me at the surf shop, right?" I raise a brow. "Those women just don't take 'no' as a answer." 

I don't wait for a answer from her and jog down the stairs to the front door, I open it and widen my eyes. She looks up at me and smiles at me widely.

"Hello, Noah." 

"Naomi?" I laugh. "Wow, how are you? I haven't since you since well... that beating you took." 

"Two months." She nods. "I just wanted to..." She blushes. "Wanted to hang out? It's the least I can do after you've saved my life." 

I chuckle. "Let me get my stuff, you can wait inside." I show her in. 

Elle picks that time to walk in and she sees Naomi walk in, she smirks at me for a second before walking forward. 

"Hey, I'm Elle.. this dork's sister." 

I roll my eyes and Naomi laughs. "I'm Naomi... I'm your brother's friend?" She looks up at me hopefully.

"Yeah, friend." I smile back.

Naomi blushes, all I want to do is kiss that redness away. But I clear my mind right after and jog up the stairs to grab my car keys and leather jacket, it's a chill afternoon. When I get down my mom's already talking to Naomi, asking how we met was the last question I heard. Naomi quickly tells her and my mom turns to me shocked.

"You saved someone?" She asks me. 

I roll my eyes. "No big deal, mom." I kiss her cheek. "I'll be back soon, don't wait up."

"Oh, I won't." Mom smirks... oh dad's rubbed off on mom, great. NOTE THE SARCASM. 

~~~

Me and Naomi walk along the promenade next to the beach and I take the hint to start chatting, sure the car ride was quiet, I took that as okay... we just met. 

"Tell me about yourself then.. the girl I saved." I wink at her.

She laughs. "Well, I'm 18, I go to Sydney University.. I actually love to surf, I've been doing it for 3 years but two months ago when you saved me was the first time I had a accident that close to the cliffs." 

I wave it off. "Mistakes always happen.."

"What about you, how long have you been surfing?" 

"Since I was 5." I smirk. She laughs again and I smile at her, I can't get enough of her laugh, just can't. 

"How old are you then?" 

"19.. and I was going to uni but I stopped because all I really wanted to do was surf at the time, it didn't make sense. I think uni isn't really for me, I thought I'd reapply next year but then.. it doesn't make sense. I think I'll just join the Navy or something.." I shrug. 

"Navy?" She says shocked. "Wow, that's brave." 

I smirk. "Didn't think I would be the navy type?" 

She shakes her head and grins at me, I like this girl even more every minute, maybe that day two months ago was pure luck for the both of us. I didn't for one day think about anything else but Naomi for the past two months, she was branded in my mind.

"What are you doing now then? Until next year?" She asks.

"Surfing and working at the surf shop at the beach. My parents are lifeguards at bondi so they got me quite a great job.. my sister Elle wants to be a lifeguard too, surfing and beach runs in the family." I say.

She nods. "Well, I wish I could have that, I mean the family that cares.. my sister is more on the lines of being a slut... and my brother well, is the most normal one of us all." 

I chuckle. "You speak your mind, don't you?" 

"Always do, nothing held back." 

I nod. "I love that." 

She blushes again and we continue walking till I walk us in for a coffee at the local cafe. She orders a latte for herself and I get a normal black coffee for myself. She is about to pay but I stop her and pay for both of us, she rushes to pay me back but I shake my head.

"I took you out." I banter. 

She shrugs and sits down with me outside. "Thanks, again."

"So you said your brother's in uni.. where's he studying?" 

"Sports management at ICMS.." She nods.

I widen my eyes. "Wait.." I say slowly and the flashback finally comes through, Jack.. Melody.. oh my god, and Jack's sister!

"You're the Naomi!" I say.

She laughs. "Yeah.. I'm Naomi alright." 

I chuckle and shake my head. "You're Jack's sister, right?" 

She frowns. "Wait, you know my brother?" 

"Oh yeah, I was with him in the same course for a bit before leaving, he told me about his family.. and of course your sister was following me around too."

She rolls her eyes. "Melody's like that, as I said. But wow, I can't believe it, what are the odds?" 

I shake my head. "It's fate." I wink.

She raises a brow and sips on her coffee. "I don't believe in fate." 

"And luck?" I ask, leaning forward slightly. 

She looks down at my lips before back up at my eyes again and puts down her drink slowly. "I guess I can believe in luck..."

~~~