forgive me.

A.N:
Guys the previous chapter was necessary, because without that chapter, it wouldn't have made sense if Allison out of nowhere apologized to Phoebe.
                    ~~    ~~    ~~

Present 17th July 2018.

I noticed everybody around me, some were crying like Maureen right then, some were shivering out of fear, some were hugging or embracing each other like me and Dylan and some were in a complete shock like Phoebe.

Phoebe didn't utter a single word since that gunshot, maybe because she knew what was going to happen.

I gathered up all the courage and tapped Dylan on his thigh beside mine. He was lost in some kind of thoughts I couldn't decipher. His chin was resting on my head peacefully.

I tapped his thigh again to which he jolted and looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"I need to talk to Phoebe. There's something I need to clear out with her." I told him through my sobs. Yes I was still crying because I couldn't forget Hailey even for a single second.

"Go ahead. Don't stand, anyone can see you from the window alright?" He said with concern in his eyes and kissed my forehead, while I was inhaling his manly perfume. No matter how crazy it sounded, I somewhat found comfort in his scent.

I slowly crawled toward Phoebe who was staring ahead of herself while Maureen was humming softly to her.

As I got near her I hugged both of them. Maureen hugged me back while Phoebe was still crying silently.

When I pulled away, I put my hand on Phoebe's shoulder.

"Phoebe? I need to tell you something." I whispered to her.

"Hmm?" She responded while looking here and there.

"Phoebe, how can I say something if you aren't even listening to me. Please let this burden get off my shoulder." I sobbed.

She quickly got her senses back and squeezed my hand while nodding her head.

"I don't know what is going to happen in the next one hour. I don't know if I am going to live or die but I want you to forgive me." I said.

"Forgive you?" She had a questioning look on her face.

"Yes. Forgive me for what I did in that party. You never let me apologize to you, I have no idea why, but I can't take this anymore. I can't live - if I live - or die with the thought that I didn't ask for your forgiveness. I would never go that low just to please my needs. I hated him. I even warned you about him, that he isn't a good guy. I am sorry if I hurt you in anyway. I am sorry for---" I couldn't even speak ahead as a mute sob escaped my mouth and I put my hand on my face.
Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped themselves around me and hugged me tightly.

I recognized that those arms belonged to Phoebe and I hugged her back.

When I pulled away, she was sadly smiling at me.

"You are such an innocent soul Allison. If it were someone else, they wouldn't even bother about what happened a year ago, let alone apologize for it when they don't know if they're gonna survive the next hour or not. You are too good for this world." A tear went down her face when she finished.

"Do you forgive me?" I asked her again, uncertain if she did or not.

"There's nothing to forgive. A month after our breakup, Tom told me everything that happened, the reality. He said he just couldn't find any other excuse to breakup with me. He said he got bored of staying commited, so he created a scene and got away from me easily. Don't worry I punched him hard in the face after that. I didn't tell you anything because I thought you didn't bother, or else I would've told you." She finished and I felt a heavy burden lift off of my shoulder.

"I am so worried about Hailey. What if she's in pain? What if she got shot?" I cried.

"Oh God, Allison please don't scare us like that. I am sure Hailey will be alright, just calm down." Maureen assured me but I wished it affected me.

I decided to sit with them. My eyes again wandered around untill they landed on Mr. Spencer, who was sitting under teachers table. I was surprised to see him smiling to  himself while holding a picture. I didn't know what was so special that made him smile even in the hardest of times.

There's always something in this world for everyone, that's above all the world worries. No matter how much someone denies, there's always something that calmed them even when death is a few meter apart.

A small smile made it's way on my lips aswell when I saw Mr. Spencer.

As I turned towards Maureen to ask her time, the door burst open and I heard everyone gasp.

When I turned my head towards the half broken door, I couldn't beleive my eyes.

The person standing in front of the door was holding a rifle toward the floor. His one hand was on the trigger, while the other was supporting the front of the rifle. He was wearing a  dark green bullet proof jacket.

For a second I thought I was dreaming. My eyes literally bulged out and I couldn't form a proper sentence except for just a name.

"Jacob?"