"Family Time" - CHAPTER 11

Start from the beginning

Kandi took everything out her clutch and placed it back in her pink Michael Kors tote handbag, she made sure she had everything before she made her way back outside her house.

"That was fast." Kendrick commented as she hopped back in and started to drive off.

Twenty mintues later they pulled to in front of his mother house and Kandi could already hear the music bumping.

Kandi nibbled lightly on her bottom lip as she sat in the car and watched Kendrick jog over to open her door.

She slowly stepped out the car and started to smooth out her dress before she took ahold of Kendrick's hand.

Kendrick slammed the passenger side door before he started to lead her up to the house.

They walked inside the house and could hear loud laughter, Kandi firgured out the laughter was coming from two women in the kitchen.

"Ma!" Kendrick said as he walked to the woman and gave her a half hug before he pulled away. Kandi smiled as she watched them and though his mom look like a light skin version of Kelly Rowland.

"Took you long enough!" she playfully, scolded as she hit his arm.

"Ma, this Kandi." Kendrick introduced her.

"Hello, Mrs.." Kandi started as she held her hand out, but then realized she didn't know Kendrick's last name.

"Ms.Roberts, but you can call me June, honey," she said, before she pulled her in a hug.

"Okay," Kandi said, surprised as she returned the hug and the guilt she felt was coming back full force.

"And this right here is my grandma, Nina." Kendrick said once his mother released Kandi.

"Hi!" Kandi said, smiling softly.

"Hey, baby! You know you look just like that singer," Nina said, as she fixed her glasses and snapped her fingers. "What's that chick name."

"Um, K. Michelle?" June said, as she went back to her spot.

"No!" Brina replied as she kept snapping her fingers. "Ciara! She looks just like Ciara."

June sucked her teeth at her mom. "Ciara don't got ass like that, mom."

"Ma!" Kendrick exclaimed, chuckling.

"What?" she replied, innocently. "It's the truth! I wish I had a booty like Kandi."

"Ma!" Kendrick groaned. "That was information I've could've gone with out for the rest of my life."

June laughed before she said, "Whatever. Y'all go enjoy y'all selves! everyone is in the backyard."

Kendrick shook his head as he started to lead Kandi to the backyard.

Kendrick introduced her to everyone and they took to her quick, he left her a quick minute to get something to drink but bumped into his cousin, Prince.

"Waddup, cuz," Kendrick said as he have him some dap.

"Nuttin' much my, nigga," Prince said, before he took a sip of his beer. "I see your ass finally got you a girl."

"Yeah," Kendrick replied, smiling as he watched Kandi play with one of his little cousins.

"Good, cause I was starting to think your ass was gay or something." he told him, chuckling.

"Fuck you!" Kendrick responded, punching him on the arm.

"I never see your ass with a female." he explained.