"Family Time" - CHAPTER 11

Start from the beginning

Kandi cleared her throat feeling like the walls was closing in around her.

"Oh, my bad I must've zoned out." Kendrick apologized as he took his chin off her shoulder. "Let me show you where the kitchen is."

Kandi gave him a faint smile as he intertwined their fingers together and led her to the kitchen.

"I'll make you something to eat," Kendrick said, as they entered the kitchen and he let go of her hand.

"Okay," she replied, softly as she took a seat on one of the stools.

"I'm going to make you my famous omelet." he told her as he went to the fridge.

"It's not gonna kill me right?" Kandi joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Naw, but it might make you fall in love with me," he responded as he looked over his shoulder and winked at her.

"Boy plea-" A phone running broke their moment.

"Hold on, I'll be right back," Kendrick said as he raced out the kitchen.

Kandi nodded her head as she taped her fingers against the island counter.

A few minutes later she saw him come back dressed in a white button down shirt, jeans, and Christian Lobution shoes, with her hells and purse in hand.

"I'm sorry, but we gotta cut this short. I forget that my mom planned a little get together for my family." he explained as he gave her, her purse and heels.

"It's cool." Kandi said, knowing she was a little happy inside because she was still in shook over her discovery. "What time is it?"

Kendrick looked down at his all gold Rolex before he answered. "About to be one."

Kandi quickly put her hells back on before she took her out phone and saw that she had no missed calls or texts.

"Or" he said, dragging out the word.

"Or?" Kandi repeated as she raised her eyebrow looking at him.

"Or you can come with me." he replied, smiling.

Kandi shook her head. "I can't go to your mother house with this on."

"We can stop by your house and you can quickly change." he suggested

"I don't know..." Kandi said, hesitant.

"C'mon, it'll be fun I promise." Kendrick assured her.

"Okay," she sighed giving in. She really did want to spend more time with him even thought she knew her ass probably should be running in the opposite direction to get as far away from him. "You sure your mom is gonna be okay with you bringing some random girl to her house."

"Yeah," Kendrick said as they walked out his house. "I already told her I was bringing you."

Kandi look at him in disbelief as he started to laugh.

They hopped into his dark grey Range Rover, they pulled up into her driveway thirty minutes later.

"Give me like fifteen mintues, " Kandi said, before she hopped out the car and started to make her way towards her house.

She opened her front door and locked it behind her once she was inside and make her way to her room.

Kicking off her heels, and placing her bag on the bed before she walked to her dresser and pulled out a flower pattern maxi dress.

Kandi hurried and took her clothes off before she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a bird bath. Once she was finished, she put on fresh underwear and slipped on the dress, matching it with pink studded Jimmy Choo sandals, and decided to redo her messy bun.