𝐓𝐰𝐨

The two trios leave the compartment, Harry and his friends leaving one way as Draco and his go the opposite.

Draco looks behind them, seeing kids 7th to 2nd year walking, passing in front of him and his friends to the carriages as Hagrid calls the first years to him.

"Dray, we have to go. Unless you want to walk, which I can't in these shoes." Pansy speaks to him, grabbing his hand to get his focus back.

Draco looks at her, staring a little before nodding his head and walks beside her, ending up in the middle as Blaise walks to his right. Pansy puts her arm between Draco's grabbing his hand and squeezing it as they walk closer to the location of the carriages.

After their luggage passes examination and place it in the pile, the three friends walk over to the carriage, which ironically was the last one.

"Ladies first." Draco says, helping Pansy on then letting Blaise go before he too went on. He and Blaise sat side by side as Pansy sat in front of them.

They look to the side, seeing the Thestral and smiles, seeing the beauty in it.

"I think this should be Slytherin's mascot." Pansy speaks, leaning over to pet the head.

"Why?" Blaise questions his friend, amusement in his voice.

"Its immediately judged because of its appearance, and then misunderstood." Pansy speaks honestly, before three voices speak.

"Can you scoot over? This is the last carriage." Hermione speaks, looking at the trio, who stare at them before nodding as Pants moves to sit by Blaise.

Hermione sits down, so that she was across Pansy, and then Ron, who was in front of Blaise and Harry, who was in front of Draco.

The Golden Trio waited for one of them to say something, especially Draco and Pansy, who always had something to say. They were surprised when they stayed in silence.

"What are you three planning? You're never this quiet, especially you, Malfoy!" Ron speaks loudly, startling the other five as he points accusingly at them.

"Ronald Billius Weasley!" Hermione shouts at him, anger clear in her tone and face, grabbing his hand and forces it back down to his side.

Pansy stifles a laugh, covering her mouth as Blaise and Draco smirk at their friends reaction.

"What's so funny?" Harry questions, scowling at the three, making Pansy quiet down, a glare on her face.

"Don't take that tone with me, Saint Potter." Pansy hisses at him, a murderous look on her face. "You came into our carriage-"

"It's not your carriage!" Hermione snaps at the pale girl who just rolls her eyes in return.

"We were here first." Pansy continues, as she and Hermione glare at each other.

"Leave it alone, Pansy." Blaise speaks, his voice deep and low, grabbing Pansy's hand. "She's not worth it."

Ron glares at Draco, opening his mouth before Hermione covers it.

"Fine." Pansy spits, giving Hermione a disgusted look, before she opens her book and starts to read.

Draco and Blaise give each other a look, as Hermione glares at Pansy.

The six stay silent through the carriage ride, nobody insulting one another. The only time somebody talked was when one asked a question and another answered.

• • •

After what felt like a lifetime of silence with the enemy, the carriage finally joined the others, their fellow peers either getting off or entering the castle.