Chapter Four-Thoughts

Chapter Four

Thoughts

Once I'm done with the shower, I manage to grab my clothes and shut the door again without contention. Seems Loki left a few things out and added his own. The bra and underwear are fine, but I've no pants and the black shirt given to me is most definitely his. His scent is all over it; a sharp, cold smell like mint emanates from the fabric and I just can't resist bringing it up to my nose to smell. My eyes shut as the essence swirls in my nose, then I put it on and let his scent settle over me. I walk out and find Loki sitting at a desk in the corner of his room, bent over it in concentration. As quietly as I can, I pad over to him and peek over his shoulder at what he's writing. I whisper the words and Loki stills, but doesn't stop me.

"Shall we make naked poetry?

Let's allow our lips

To dance upon each other's

And each other's bare skin.

Let me write in cursive

With my lips

On your bare back

As you try not to move.

Let my tongue figure skate

Between your breasts

As your breathing becomes

Shallow and fast.

Let's make naked poetry.

It might take a while, unsurprisingly.

Everything beautiful

Takes time."

It ends and I swallow, a little surprised to find Loki writing poetry, but then again not surprised at all.

"I like the way you read it." He murmurs and turns towards me, shocking me by tugging me into his lap. I let my arm wrap around his shoulders so I don't fall backwards, but he doesn't seem to mind at all.

"Loki!" I exclaim and turn towards him to tell him I disapprove, but stop short when I realize our faces are inches apart. "I, uh, I didn't know you wrote." Is the only thing I can say. Loki smiles and tightens his hold on my waist before turning back to his writing and laying his arm across my bare legs.

"Most people aren't aware, but I adore the arts. Theatre, music, poetry." He reveals, letting his fingers tap absentmindedly on my leg. "Writing helps me to think, or, simply relieve the tensions held within my mind." He explains.

"Well, this is very beautiful." I tell him, looking back at the leather-bound notebook and letting my fingers dance over the words. Both his hands squeeze me and I squeak in surprise.

"I have a very inspiring muse." Loki says sweetly and ducks his head under my chin to kiss my neck.

"Behave, Loki." I warn, but my eyes shut involuntarily when he kisses my collar bone. "I'm also aware you didn't bring me pants." Now, he stops to laugh.

"I thought you didn't like pants?" He questions with a sly smile. I roll my eyes.

"Maybe not, but it's customary to wear pants when with company." I tell him unnecessarily. I know he's just screwing around with me.

"I'm afraid I've been remiss in telling you how lovely you look in my shirt." Loki says and I'm not certain if he's teasing or if he's serious.

"You're trouble. Enough mischief. I didn't have lunch, so there's no way I'm missing dinner." With a hand on my ribs, I rock off his lap and walk towards the door. He's at my side in a moment.