Chapter Three-Wooing

Start from the beginning

"You think I care about a little thing like sweat?" He asks rhetorically, capturing my attention with just his eyes. "The only thing I'd like to change is the conditions in which you became covered in it. I'd rather you be in my bed, covered with a fine sheen from the shouting and moaning and writhing you do from the pleasure I bring you." His eyes shine with what seems like a promise. "Oh, I'd have you for hours. And more the next day if you could stand it." Loki whispers and I swallow the desire rising in my throat.

"Loki, we're in the middle of the hall." I hiss and wish I had the strength to look away from those ice blue eyes.

"Yes. I'd happily take you here, the kitchen, the yard. Anywhere. Everywhere." Loki tells me in an irritatingly even voice. I, on the other hand, feel my body tense further when he runs a finger down my spine. Despite his frigid temperature, I feel burning hot.

"Uh, shower. I need a shower." I mutter and slip away from him. I start walking towards my room, but Loki is hard to deter.

"Is that an invitation?" He asks and I laugh.

"No! Wait outside my room if you must, but you are not allowed in." I warn as we come to my door, then I duck in and shut it behind me. Sighing, I grab a tank top and shorts as well as clean underwear and bra before heading into the bathroom. When I get there, I drop all the clothes in my hands and rush to run, but I'm caught before I can move. Jamie grabs me by the throat and tugs me into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I try and kick his junk, but he sees this coming and slams me onto the tiled floor with my arms behind me. Stars dance in front of my eyes as I struggle to get air in my lungs again. Once I get a good gulp, I open my mouth to scream. Jamie's hand is clapped over mine in an instant as he forces my legs apart and settles between them so I can't hurt him.

"Calm down, baby, come on." He pleads and I stare up at him in horror. Slowly, I make myself relax and he releases my mouth.

"What are you doing, Jamie?" I gasp. He shakes his head and runs a hand through his messy hair.

"Listen, baby. I want you back. We were good when we were together, right? We talked, we laughed, I miss your laugh." He rambles and I start getting more and more nervous. My mind scrambles to think of a way out of this.

"You know, I miss laughing." I tell him slowly. His eyes watch me carefully, then he smiles. "I never smile around here. I hate it." Jamie nods along to everything I'm saying. "Would you...would you take me out of here? Get me out of here?" I ask, doing my best to be convincing.

"Yes, baby. Of course, I will. Let's go." He agrees and gets up, helping me up too. We walk out of the bathroom, but before he opens the door to the hall he surprises me with a kiss. I do my best to return it, but when he pulls away I know I've fallen short of the mark. "You're lying."

"Loki!" I scream and drop to the floor when Jamie takes a swing at me. Jamie lands two good kicks to my ribs before I slide away from the door and it swings open.

"Hell." Loki growls and marches to Jamie, grabbing him by his throat and lifting him up into the air, then chucking him across the room and out the window where he lands in the grass with a solid thump. Next, he's sliding over to me on his knees and his hands are flying over me to find the hurt. "Are you injured?" Loki asks urgently laying a gentle hand on my face and the other on my hip. Tears spring into my eyes as I do my best to breathe gently.

"My ribs." I gasp, unable to resist curling inward to protect them.

"Okay. Remain still for me." He instructs and stands, moving around me before stooping again and picking me up as tenderly as possible. Despite his care, I whimper at the movement. "I know, I'm sorry, love." Loki tells me worriedly, then begins moving at a smooth but fast pace to the infirmary.