Nillie: Make Me Like You

Song: Make Me Like You by Gwen Stefani

Ship: Nillie

Requested by: stranger08011

———————————————————————

Millie's point of view

I sit at a small table in the room, staring at him. He is looking down at his phone, chewing a bite of the bagel in his hand. He is seated next to Caleb, who is also eating. I scan the rest of the room, seeing the other cast members gathered in the large sitting area. It's lunch time and we're back to filming in an hour.

Glancing back at him, my heart starts to beat faster. I look at every part of his face. His jaw, his cheeks, his bluish grey eyes, his...

I look away for a second, mentally hitting myself. Why did I just think that? His lips? Seriously Millie.

But I look back at him longingly, wishing for him to come over. But at the same time, I want him to move farther out of my sight.

I can't take it anymore. I stand abruptly, spewing some gibberish to Shawn that I am going to my trailer.

"I hope Finn isn't there, cause I really need to be alone," I mutter to myself, going into the heat of the afternoon.

I approach my trailer, moving up the stairs quickly. I open the door, greeted by the sight of Finn sitting on the small couch inside. I groan and he looks up, giving me a weird look.

"Glad to see you too Mills," he chuckles as I plop down next to him.

I put my hand on my forehead, "No, it isn't you. I just...couldn't stay at lunch."

Finn smirks, "It wasn't the food, I assume."

I slug him in the stomach, "You know why Finnie! Just stop teasing me already!"

Finn barely contains his laughter, "Just because you don't want to admit it doesn't mean it isn't true."

I look at him with a sour expression, "But I don't!" The curly haired boy raises his eyebrows.

I throw my hands up, "Fine! I like him okay?"

"Well, I knew that already Millie. You told me after you guys kissed at Sadie's house," he looks back down at the book he has still in his hands.

"But that was truth or dare! Noah and I were dared to kiss each other."

"I know Millie, I was there," He looks at me seriously, "But that wasn't just a 'joking around' kiss. You guys looked like you were in your own world."

I try and hide my smile, "But I can't...I...I'm not used to this. I don't want this."

"Well you can't really do anything about it, now can you?" He looks at me with a serious expression. I know he's right.

"Okay, I wanna be alone. Can you leave? Please?" I ask him, grabbing his arm.

He rolls his eyes, "Fine. I'll go to the lunch room since you're too scared to face your feelings," he strolls fluidly out of the trailer, winking at me before he goes.

I let out a sigh as soon as the door shuts. I close my eyes, breathing in deeply.

"I like Noah. I like Noah. I really like Noah," I say out loud, "Oh god. I'm crushing hard. Shit," I whisper.

A loud knock echoes from the door. I sigh again, "Okay Finn. I told you to go," I pause, picking up the novel that Finn left behind. It's titled 'The girl he always wanted'. I roll my eyes, "I'll bring you your romance novel later!"

"Uh, Mills? It's not Finn," I freeze, hearing the all too familiar voice of none other than Noah Schnapp. There is a long pause before I hear the door open.

"Millie? Are you okay? I saw you run out of lunch," he sits down next to me, making my heart pound out of my chest.

I look down, "I'm fi-actually I'm not fine. At all," I take a deep breath.

He looks at me with a concerned look on his face, "What's wrong? You can tell me anything," He grabs my hand.

I look down at our intertwined fingers. I move my hand away quickly, placing it in my lap.

"Well no. I can't tell you everything. Not anymore."

He gives me a confused look, "What? Mills, I don't know what's going on."

"Noah, after the truth or dare game..."

He looks down, "Oh. That. So you've been thinking about that too?" he looks up at me nervously.

I shake my head, slumping back onto the couch, "Oh god. Noah, why'd you have to go and make me like you? This is all too complicated."

He sighs next to me, "Well, I could ask you the same question Millster."

I look back at him, "You mean that...you...?

"Like you? Yea," he nods, smiling slightly, "I like you a lot."

I look at him for a second, thinking about everything he just said.

He continues, "Millie, I wanna be friends too. You're my best friend and I-"

I lean in and smash my lips onto his. He seems to melt into it as I cup his face with my hand. We part slowly and a smile creeps onto his face.

"Why'd you do that?"

"I'm sorry. I had to. I've been wanting to again since Sadie's party," I look down.

He laughs, "I have too."

I smirk, "This is bad Schnipper."

He shrugs, "Yea."

"I wanna be friends before anything else though, Noah," I look over at him again.

He nods, "Definitely. I don't want us liking each other get in the way of a friendship we've had for three years."

Noah glances over at the book still in my hand, "Wait. Finn reads romance novels?"

I nod, "Apparently."

He laughs, getting up and heading towards the door, "I'm going back to lunch, I left my bagel with Caleb."

"See ya."

He winks at me as he leaves the trailer. My stomach does a flip and I squeal loudly, jumping on the couch. I don't notice Finn come in to the room.

"So I'm guessing your little meeting went well?" He raises his eyebrows.

I throw his book at his laughing face, "Shut up Wolfhard!"
-
-
-

stranger08011 I'm so sorry this took me so long. I started high school this week so I've been pretty busy. I hope this is close to what you wanted. And if you want me to write a different version, that's okay as well! I personally don't like how I wrote this but I'm not a Nillie shipper so I wasn't quite "in the zone" for writing a ship. But I did like the brother/sister dynamic between Finn and Millie. I'm not used to writing Nillie so I hope you liked it even though it's shit! :)