Chapter 13

The sunlight seeps through the blinds and you feel the warmth on your face. The nightmares were over. Gone. You no longer had to wake up fearing death. You were safe.

You turn over and feel someone’s arms wrap around you making you tense up. You roll over and see Louis fast asleep, with a cute little grin on his face. You were positive he was asleep, as he was still slightly snoring. Did he really stay the whole night with you? I mean normally when you had a meltdown like that he would just stay with you until you fell asleep, not the whole night. You studied Louis's perfect face before you snuggled back up to him and closed your eyes. You longed for him. You wanted him all to yourself. But he was no longer interested. Right?

"Shh, Harry! Stop!" Alycia giggled outside your door. "Harry seriously knock it off!"

Harry and Alycia both burst through your door and rip the covers off you.

"Rise and shine Rae!.... And uh Louis."

You felt your face turn into a deep shade of crimson. You knew there would be endless teasing about this.

You watched Harry's face change from shock to a cheeky smile as he jumps into bed with you two. Only now do you realize that Louis's arms are still wrapped tightly around you and that you are snuggled into his bare chest.

Great.

"So I see you two made up fast." Harry says with a wink.

"Harry it's really not what it looks like." you finally manage to get out.

"Really? So I'm just imagining you snuggled up to Louis and his arms around you? Okay..."

You pull away from Louis's embrace and go into the bathroom, normally you could take the embarrassment and the joking, but for whatever reason it hurt more. You knew that you and Louis wouldn't ever be anything and Harry giving you the slightest chance of hope wasn't helping, in fact it was making it worse.

Someone knocked on your door. "Rae?" it was Louis, great. You took a deep breath before answering him to assure that your voice was strong, not shaky as you felt.

"Yeah Lou?"

"Are you okay?"

You know you have to come up with an excuse, so you glance over to the toilet, "Uh yeah just fine" *flush* "Just had to go to the bathroom."

"Oh okay, well I guess we're going to the beach today so when your done change into your suit and then meet us downstairs.

"Okay" You sighed a sigh of relief. He believed everything was okay. If you had liked anyother person  than Louis, Louis would've been the first to know, but he couldn't know you liked him.

You grab your teal suit and slip it on and walk out your room and halfway down the stairs before you forgot a shirt or something you cover up with. "Shoot" you mumble to yourself.

"Everything okay babe?" Louis says as he's walking out of his room.

"Yeah... I just forgot my cover-up" you say as you're making your way back up the stairs.

"Oh, here just borrow one of my t-shirts."

"Lou really I can-"

"I insist." he hands you one and you just hold it in your hands.

"Louis really..."

"Rae if you won't put it on yourself I will."

"Challenge accepted Tommo." You dart as fast as you can to your door, but forgot that it sticks a little and it takes a little more effort to push open. By the time you finally get it open he catches you and grabs you by the waist.

"LOUIS!" you whine.

He sets you down in the hallway and is just inches away from your face. "Up" He says as you lift your arms up, giving into defeat, and he puts the t-shirt over your head.

You two stand there looking at each other for a minute or so before Harry-the mood killer-Styles yelled up at you "C'mon lovebirds, we haven't all day."

Louis grabs your hand ,"well I guess its time to go."

You start blushing at the fact that he grabbed your hand and you have to keep reminding yourself that this happens. You two are best friends, or at least, were best friends, so this wasn't out of the ordinary.

You four hopped in the car and off the the beach you went.

____________________________________________________

Sorry it has been so long without an update, things have been busy and I'm without a computer for a while. I will try to upload when I can.

Thanks for reading :)

Question : Favorite thing about Rae, GO!

(Comment below)