Ch.8

-

-

"A broken person just wants somebody to come into their life and heal them in ways they couldn't have ever been healed before,"

-

          Sitting inside his therapists office on her plush black couch, Lamar looked everywhere around her office except at her, ashamed to face her after what he did.

He picked up on her color scheme for the day, which was light blue and purple. Glancing out her window he watched the rain pour down like a mad man, and watched as the water dripped down her window and the lights of the city reflecting off them.

A few days had passed since his meltdown and he knew it was time he went and saw her, so here he was shamefully infront of her back at base one of this journey to recovery again.

Picking up on what he was doing, she stood from her seat and stood directly in his way. "You have to face what happened eventually, but until you do that .. face me." Grabbing him by the chin, she forced him to hold eye contact.

"Don't ever be ashamed for being a human being. We all make mistakes and we all bump our heads and fall during our journey of recovery, and that is okay long as you are learning from each mistake." She expressed smoothly. "No journey is a walk in a park, there will be bumps and crashes along the way .. but you don't stop. You keep going until you get where you want to be, do you hear me?"

He nodded, while playing with his fingers. "Yeah, I hear you."

"Good, now that we're on the same page .. I'ma need for you to get to explaining. Tell me what happened that led you to back track like this?" Pulling him by the hands, he stood and took a seat on the floor directly in front of her and crossed his legs just as she did.

Still holding eye contact, he took her hands and held em tightly. "You know I'm the type of person that loves hard, and is willing to do whatever to make those that I care for and love happy before I even make my own self happy. I'm selfless, but I also can't deal with being let down or taken for granted too well. Pain and heartache are things I try to avoid, because its hard for me to deal with ..but this go-round, this type of pain that I'm experiencing is something I would have never suspected to happen and it cut really deep." He started off.