(Princess Sequel) Epilogue

Start from the beginning

(Then I must have been dreaming all of that.)

(But it was pretty realistic for a dream...)

As I thought that to myself and his eyes blinked open.

Wilfred: "Are we home?"

Regina: "Yes. Looks like you fell asleep right there with me."

I smiled and he looked at me with a softening gaze.

Wilfred: "Yes, the sight of you sleeping just made me want to join you."

(Wh-What the!? H-He was looking...!?)

Regina: "Seriously... why would you look at someone when they're asleep?"

(You're so meanie...)

I looked off indignantly.

Wilfred: "Why...?"

He murmured then he tugged me close.

Wilfred: "Because you're so adorable, of course."

Regina: "It's still embarrassing, you know."

Then he gazed steadily at me...

Wilfred: "Even from me?"

He murmured coyly.

(Come on...)

Regina: "Wilfred... you're going to be late for your meeting."

I said as trying to downplay my own feelings and his arms around me to released me.

Wilfred: "Fine."

Then something soft brushed my cheek.

Wilfred: "I'll let work come first... this time."

(What...?)

I looked back up at him and I saw him giving me from his usual smile. But... it had a tinge of loneliness as well... the look on his face and his exchange with Claude from my dream... it made me feel somehow sad inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several weeks later, at Philip Castle. Prince Wilfred was holding his umpteenth official press conference.

Wilfred: "The shipping fees have already been repealed and I would like to carry out reforms to our approval system within the year..."

Wilfred: "As well as implementing the revised tax rates somethime between next year and the year after next."

Prince Wilfred continued to address the reporters calmly as they murmured to one another.

Wilfred: "In addition..."

Wilfred: "Trials have begun for the 3 ministers sacked over the shipping fee scandal..."

Wilfred: "And for Minister Adolph for his involvement in the subsequent document coverup."

Wilfred: "As such as for our part..."

These events seemed to be garnering global attention. His press conferences always attracted crowds of reporters. And it was as packed for this time as always.

(Wilfred's so impressive...)

(Doesn't he get nervous addressing this many of people?)

I wondered to myself as I observed the press conference at his side. I found myself falling in love all over again... with the man before me addressing the press so calmly. And just as it was with the citizens... with global attention on him as trust in Prince Wilfred was steadily increasing. He still had many issues to tackle including the system of approvals and the tax rates... but it would be no exaggeration to claim... that Prince Wilfred's actions won the Spencer family more trust than as they ever had before. And, of course... that also reflected favorably on his wife, Princess Regina.