(Second Sequel) Chapter 2

We spent the night in Castle Noble Michel. Then Prince Wilfred and I returned to Philip Castle. What lay in store for us there... was ceaseless days of official duties and wedding preparations. It was Prince Wilfred's office that, I visited in the gaps in my busy schedule. I was there to water the potted flowers that he treasured so dearly.

(I think they're looking a little listless...)

The flowers looked oddly close to how I had first seen them. Back then, he had put me in charge of minding the flowers. And I was still doing it now. But unlike back then... Claude was kind enough to look after them in my stead when I just couldn't squeeze in the time.

(Wilfred must be awfully tired too...)

(But for all of that, he was awfully energetic last night...)

I found myself remember his warmth as making me grow blushed all over.

(Well, judging by how he was about last night... but he should be fine, right...?)

As I thought to myself while gently watering the plants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days later.

(Ugh... another exhausting day...)

I thought to myself as I climbing into the bed as usual and I closing my eyes.

(But the wedding preparations and princess training are all for my benefit...)

(I've got to work harder...)

With how tired as I'd been lately as drowsiness hit me as soon as I climbed into bed.

(I've got... to work hard... again tomorrow...)

I was ready to draw another day to a close. But...

(Mm...)

My eyes fluttered open at the feel of warmth as touching my cheek. I saw...

Wilfred: "Sorry... did I wake you?"

My eyes flew open at the sight of Prince Wilfred so close to me.

Regina: "W-Wilfred...? What's wrong!?"

I cried out in surprise. He narrowed his eyes and he placed a fingertip over my lips.

Wilfred: "Shh..."

Regina: "Oh... ah... s-sorry. But..."

Wilfred: "I just felt an urge to see your face, Regina."

His gentle expression made my heart constrict. It also reminded me of the flowers in his office.

Regina: "Wilfred... aren't you tired?"

I asked as I sitting up and he quietly embraced me. It was a slow as tender embrace, like he was holding something fragile. Our cheeks rubbed together as conveying our feelings with no need for words.

(Wilfred...)

Wilfred: "May I stay with you tonight...?"

My heart pounded at his begging of my indulgence. I nodded and he laid down on his side next to me. The bed was rather small for two people, so we had to nestle in together. He was usually so active, but yet as now he seemed as subdued as a child.

Wilfred: "Regina..."

He murmured in a drowsy tone.

Regina: "...Hm?"