Chapter 5

Wilfred: "Would you like to accompany me to the party?"

Regina: "But why me?"

I felt my heart are leapt at Prince Wilfred's words.

Wilfred: "You can say no, if you don't want to..."

I was emotionally moved by Prince Wilfred's warm gaze. But I shooked my head.

Regina: "No, I would love to go with you."

Prince Wilfred seemed to smile in relief.

Wilfred: "Oh... that's good."

Regina: "Y-Yeah..."

(Well, that's.... good? Oh! I was say yes.)

I felt my heart are swelled with expectation.

Regina: "Well..."

As the phone are ringing as I started to speak. Prince Wilfred broke eye contact and he moved to answer the phone.

Wilfred: "I'll arrange some dresses for to try on."

I sighed and I looked away from Prince Wilfred as he pick up the phone and my eyes settled on the flowerpot.

(But he probably just needed someone to go with...)

(But it's not like about he wants me specifically.)

The flowers quivered slightly in my sight. I stared at the flowers for a while as Prince Wilfred's phone conversation continued... then I left the room.

(But I was excited by the idea of going to the party... but I don't want Claude to get mad at me again, ugh I don't like rude Claude... but he told me to tell his Highness's parents, but I can't...)

As I was thinking of Claude's reaction as I walked away from the office. I suddenly spotted Claude on the stairs in front of me and I gasp.

Regina: "Wait, Claude!"

I called out to Clade and he looked my way. But an odd look came upon from his face before he smiled at me.

Claude: "How may I help you, Miss Regina?"

(Okay why did he smiled at me and what's up with that look...)

As suppressing my uneasy feelings and I opened my mouth to speak.

Regina: "Well, umm..."

However, I was still disturbed by his initial facial expression, but nothing come out. Claude raise his eyebrows at my indecision.

Claude: "Is something the matter?"

Claude: "Or were you wishing to help out again today?"

I changed my line of thought to match the conversation.

Regina: "Yes, I am. But is there anything at all I can do?"

I looked at the wall as I spoked as the one of the portraits hanging there caught my attention. Claude followed my gazed and commented on the portrait.

Claude: "This is of our 98th Sovereign, Her Royal Highness Queen Sylvia."

Regina: "I know and I heard that because she was much loved by the people and drew a lot of attention from overseas."

The portrait was that of a very beautiful and dignified woman. But I had seen her face on TV as many times and I knew her name.

Claude: "Prince Wilfred is her great grandson and on the direct line of succession."