Discovering Talent (2)

Just to let you know, except for Colin Ford, the celebrates in this story are not famous. I just didnt want to change their names.

Christian's POV

      I walked to Aubrey's car to grab my Ipod from my bag. Justin rented out studio 6d for our crew today. Yea, I Christian Beadles am in a dance crew. Now I know what your thinking. "Christian, dancing?! hahaha" Well its actually not that funny. One day I just started dancing with my friends at a party, and I really liked it, so I joined Justin's crew. Its kind of fun. I mean, I get to dance with all my friends. Justin, Bella, Zendaya, and Ross. We practice around three times a week at the sports complex because we want to tryout for America's Got Talent at the end of this summer. Its March now, so we have a little while to prepare.

       Anyway, as I was walking down the hall towards 6d, when I heard music coming from room 6c. I looked through the small window on the door to see Brooklyn dancing. I don't know much about her, other than what Aubrey told me. I know that she doesn't like gymnastics so much. I didn't need Aubrey to tell me that, I can just see it on Brooklyn's face when I go to their meets. I also heard that Brooklyn could dance. But I had no idea that she could dance like that. She looked amazing gliding on that floor. Its not like she was doing ballet moves, it was hip-hip. When she spun around she glanced at me. I quickly moved so that she wouldn't see me. I continued walking down the hall and went into 6d.

     When I walked into the room and saw that someone forgot to switch the mirror. You see, there's a button on the wall and if you press it, the wall of mirrors turns into a one way mirror (most dance studios have a wall of mirrors. Is there a name for them?). So that the people in 6d can see to into 6c. But the people in 6c still see a mirror. Its designed so that teachers can teach two dance classes at once. (did that make sense?).

     Before I hit the button I saw Brooklyn sitting on the floor looking her self in the mirror with a tear streaming down her cheek. I wanted to run over there and comfort her, but then a guy and girl came in the room. Brooklyn whipped her tear away and stood up. The guy tossed her a bottle of water. I assumed that she was going to be fine with her friends so I hit the button just as Justin walked in.

"Hey man, whats up?" He asked.

"Not much, why is everyone so late?"

"Well Bella and Zendaya are down the hall talking to some friends. And Ross, well... he called me screaming for dear life and said he might be late because Ryland just got his permit and is driving him here." Justin said. I laughed, his little brother driving him? He's probably terrified.

   I jogged over to the door and yelled down the hall. "Yo Thorne! You and Zendaya better get your butts down here now! Your late!" I shouted out them. They rolled there eyes and came down the hall.

**********

      Ross eventually showed up. He seemed a little sick from his car ride there, but he lightened up. At the end of rehearsal , we were practicing the song that we wanted to audition to. At the end of the song, Ross does a back flip. When he was doing it, he somehow hit the button on the wall. Don't ask me how. Its Ross, no one knows. Anyway, he hit the button so we could see Brooklyn and her friends dancing. The guy was really good. Brooklyn and the other girl both did some trick flip thing at the same time and it looked awesome. It was so cool how the three of them moved in sync with each other.

"They're good." Justin said. Everyone nodded their heads in awe.

"Yea, I didn't know Brooklyn was that good."I said. Justin turned to me.

"You know them?"  He asked.

"Well sort of. You see I-" He cut me off.

"Do you think you could get them to be in our group?" He asked. Everyone was picking up their bags getting ready to leave.

"Well actually I-"

"Great, thanks man!See you tomorrow."e said, cutting me off again. Then he and everyone else left the room and went home. I had to wait until Brooklyn got out of the studio to talk to her. So I hung out with a group of guys to play a basketball.

*****Brooklyn's POV

      Allie and Jackson left at around 5:30. But I wanted to keep dancing so I stayed. Allie offered to walk home with me because we live close to each other, but my mom had called earlier saying she got off from work early so se would pick me up at 6. Yea, 6 was early for my mom. She usually stays in the office until 10.

    When I was done dancing for the night it was 5:55 so I went out to the front of the complex and waited for my mom. I waited.....and waited.....and waited. When I checked my phone again it was 6:30. I decided to wait a little longer so I laid back on the bench and rested until she got there. I must have been asleep because someone shook me awake. I looked to see it was Christian.

"Wa-What time is it?" I asked.

"Like 7:40" He said checking his phone.

"She's not coming..." I said, looking at the ground.

"Your mom?" He asked.

"Yea, how'd you know?"

"I ride here with Aubrey all the time. She's like my sister. She tells me everything."

"Oh."

"I saw you dancing today."

"You did? I thought I saw someone looking in."

"Yea, sorry about that. But, your good."

"Thanks." I said. I blushed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Listen, my crews gettin ready to audition for America's Got Talent. And, I was wondering if you and your two friends, would join us."

"Well, Allie and Jackson would gladly take you up on you offer. But I..."

"But you what? I know you love to dance I could see it when I was watching you today."

"Yes but, you don't know anything about me. Okay? I have to go." I said as I started to walk away.

"Your walking home by yourself?"He asked.

"Yea why?"

"No no no. A pretty girl like you cannot walk on the streets of Atlanta by herself. I'm going with you. Besides, it'll give me a chance to get to know you better. And then you might consider joining the crew." He said and smiled a cocky smile. I rolled my eyes. There was no point in arguing with the guy because he was coming with me no matter what.

 We both started up the sidewalk on a somewhat busy street. It was now 8pm and there were no hopes of my mom showing up. "So," he began," How long were you waiting?" he asked.

"Almost two hours." I said.

"What do you think she's doing?"

"Well, she's either working, or she just forgot about me."

"Okay, I understand the working thing. But, your mom wouldn't forget about you. Would she?" I looked away from him when he asked that.

"Well, she's been busy lately with her leaving for China for a year next week, and her career taking off...I wouldn't be shocked." I said. Christin looked at me sadly.

"A year? Are you going too?"

"No, just her, and I'm by myself. Except Allie is going to move in with me in a month. She lives down the street anyway."

"Still that's insane! Your what, 15?," I nodded."You should not be by yourself." He stated.

"I'm used to it. My mom is practically never home. She -" I got cut off by my phone beeping. I looked at my text.

From: Mom

      I'll be at the office over night. Something came up. You can order take out for dinner. Love, mom

I sighed. "Christian, do you wanna stay for dinner?" I asked. He nodded.

And our night began there....