"Oh god, Sooji. You scared me!" someone shouted.

I whipped my head around to see Ten and Taeil dashing towards us.

"Ten! Taeil! Where's Jeno? And Renjun?"

Instead of answering, Ten gave me a startled look and examined my body for any wounds.

"You okay, queen?" he was tilting his head to various angles. "Are you hurt? Who's that bastard who attacked you?!"

"You saw his face?" I asked.

"No!" he exclaimed. "The power outrage. I can only see you fighting for your life in the dark. I- everyone can see you. You were literally glowing."

"It's the medal," I answered. "It shines."

"And it almost killed you," he spat with a furious look.

"Now's not the time to argue, people. We're still in the middle of getting ambushed." A vein bulged against Doyoung's neck as he screamed.

I paused, slowly clenching and unclenching my fists.

"I need to find Yuta-"

Then my sentence was cut off by the voice from the speaker.

"Everyone, please evacuate this place immediately. We're under attack by the Bosses. I repeat, evacuate the Dome immediately-"

"What the fuck?!" Doyoung groaned. "They're putting the blame on us...?!"

I bit my lower lip hard. A scheme that they pulled off. But who are they and what do they want with my medal? For sure, it's not only about who gains the title anymore. Is this an ambush to kill Yuta, to kill me, or to kill the bosses?

Or it could be all.

They planned this mess to kill us all.

"FREEZE!"

About four armed men approached us, wielding a gun and pointing it to our direction. Their eyes were on Doyoung.

"On the count of three, let's duck and sprint," Doyoung said. "One...two..." a sharp breath. "Three!"

Bullets flied and knives flashed as the guards unleashed their attack.

"Sooji, come on!" Ten yanked on my arm, steering me away.

Then we took off, without stumbling even once. Rage sorrounded us but we continued sprinting forward and forward without missing a step to reach...to reach... and run to...

to where . . . ?

"Stop shooting!" someone shouted from a distance. One thought filled my head: Yuta. Heavens, it's Yuta. "Don't you dare point another gun on the Champion or I'll shoot you myself one by one."

I heard the guns being withdrawn,

click click click.

And my heart pounded even louder,

dug dug dug.

My dress left a trail of feathers on the Dome's marble floor, it's really as if I was a giant creature being chased down by hunters.

I flexed my fists and looked around.

They might've stopped shooting due to Yuta's order, but still they continued chasing us.

I tripped when we arrived at the floor made of glass, the friction between my shoes and the tiles becoming lesser. Beside me was a wide area of a fountain, with surging water current that's as strong as a real river. Aside from that, an intimidating blizzard of sham waterfall stretched on the other side - and where it leads, I had no clue.

"Oh heavens!" I groaned and kicked off my shoes. I wouldn't care for bruised feet, it's much better than falling.

Ten paused and returned to assist me but the moment he's only a few meters away from my position, soldiers in black suit blocked the space between us like a wall.

"Sooji!" he screamed in vain. "Soo-" then his voice became muffled yelps.

"Ten - !" I screamed until I felt my lungs collapse.

Then I felt my heart stop, my breath shudder, my head spin --- as a person stood before my dripping figure, towering above my vulnerable frame like a predator.

Hendery.

He cocked a cruel brow and pointed a gun to my head.

"Checkmate."

A/n

A/n

TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS😱😱😱

btw I SUCK at writing fighting scenes. I'll rewrite this chapter in the future~