Chapter Four: Permission

Start from the beginning

Surprising is what it was, I've come to believe that crying was a waste of my time. It would only make the situation worse for me.

I sunk down to a sitting a position, wrapping my my arms around my legs. I buried my face in my knees and tried to stop the tears.

I felt him approach me, his shadow looming over my pitiful position.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked softly, squatting down in front of me

"I-I understand...if uhm....if you d-don't want to be around m-me a-anymore...." I hiccupped, keeping my face hidden.

"What are you...." He cursed as he realized what I'd thought he meant by pushing me away.

"No no no baby, of course I still want to be around you. I didn't mean to push you away, I was just so upset and I didn't want to hurt you." He explained, sitting and pulling me onto his lap.

I cuddled into him and whimpered into his neck.

"I'm so sorry. I feel so bad and I just want to take you away from here, but I can't." He exclaimed, holding me tighter.

"W-why n-not?" I sputtered, blushing as his words registered.

"It would be seen as an act of war to take a pack member from another pack, unless given permission to do so from the alpha or said pack member's parents." He explained.

The tears began to fall as he told me this. The alpha would never allow him to take me, and my parents....I don't have any parents.

Not since the accident.

"Where are your parents? Maybe they will allow me to take you away from these people." He sounded so hopeful it just made me cry harder.

"I-I don't h-have parents....t-they're g-gone...." I trailed off, allowing him to put two and two together on his own.

"I am so sorry." He whispered, my only response was to rub my face against his chin again.

Jace tightened his grip on me and began to stand. Holding me tight, he carried me out of the room and just walked out of the house with me still in his arms.

I clung to him, shaking as people walked by and gave me dirty looks. Jace growled when he noticed their sneers, and to my surprise, they immediately exposed their necks in submission.

Jace smiled down at me and kept walking to wherever it was we were going.

I didn't tell him that even though they were no longer glaring, they were still able to say stuff to me during the pack bond.

'You're lucky alpha Aaron is here or you'd be half dead right now.'

'Just wait 'til he leaves, you're going to get it so bad.'

'I don't know how he can stand to hold a fag you. You're disgusting.'

'No one wants you here....we never did.'

'You're so useless, it's a wonder why the alpha didn't kill you for what you did to your parents.'

'Your mate will hate you too, you'd be better off not ever finding your mate to avoid the rejection.'

That last one caused me to whimper out loud.

It was fine for them to insult me, I was uses to it....but when they brought my mate into it.

My mate couldn't possibly reject me, it wasn't supposed to happen. The moon goddess didn't intend for that to happen, otherwise she wouldn't have paired us with a person who would reject us....

Right?

I didn't realize I was crying until Jace looked down at me in concern.

"What's wrong baby?"

The concern he showed me confused me, but I can't say I didn't like it, "n-nothing....I'm fine."

He gave me a skeptical look and I knew he wouldn't let this go 'til I told him.

"I'll t-tell you l-later."

He nodded and resumed his walk.

I looked around for a moment, trying to figure out where he was taking me. I took in our surroundings and realized where he was taking me.

Alpha Aaron's Office.

********

Updates will be slow because of WiFi issues and technical difficulties.