Trí: The Rising Son

"To reach something good it is very useful to have gone astray, and thus acquire experience."
-Saint Teresa of Avila
Danny awoke to the chill of the night air and Dean's soft calls of her name luring her eyes open. He had opened the door and was leaning toward her with his arm against the roof.
"Mornin', Punkin Pie. How was the snooze?" Danny smiled groggily and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.
"M'good." she yawned. "Are we home, yet?"
"No, still got about twelve more hours."
"Then why'd we stop?"
"That's what I said."
"Because we're all exhausted and hungry and need to sleep in a real bed." Sam announced, retrieving his bag from the trunk.
"Alright, point Sam." Danny agreed. Dean rolled his eyes and snagged his bag too. Before following her brothers' example, Danny leaned over and tugged on Jack's jacket. His eyes dragged open slowly, adjusting to the new surroundings.
"Where are we?" he asked, sleepily.
"A hotel. We'll get back on the road tomorrow." Danny explained, unbuckling and exiting the vehicle. Jack copied her movements as Danny snatched her bag from the trunk and slammed it closed.
The corridor to their room was dimly lit and very red. Danny observed, very amused at Jack's curious gazing at the intriguing new environment.
"It was a bad idea. We shoulda just kept driving." Dean voiced.
"Dude, you were hallucinating sheep on the road. You need a few hours." Sam counter-argued. Entering the average, slightly dingy room they set their stuff down.
"This is nice!" Jack smiled naively.
"Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing." Sam planned. Jack had sat legs crossed on one of the beds as Danny turned on the television for him. Scooby-Doo materialized on the screen.
"It's... wonderful." He marveled at the moving picture box in front of him.
"Hey," Dean scolded, "No." He grabbed the remote.
"E-eh, but-" Jack protested meekly. Dean glanced at the screen and stared, just as entertained as Jack, at the cartoon for a moment and huffed amusedly at the talking dog's antics.
"No," he ultimately decided, shutting it off, "and you're on the couch, Sport. Alright? So, why don't you go over there, sit down, and here," he tossed a Bible on the couch, "read a book. We're outta here in a few hours." Jack opened the book and started reading.
"Jack. Hey, I can take the couch. Why don't-" Sam's offer was quickly rejected by the nephilim.
"No, no. It's fine." Jack smiled, which the tall Winchester returned awkwardly. Danny then picked up her bag and moved toward the door.
"Where are you going?" Dean questioned.
Danny turned, dumbfounded at her brother's inquiry, "Dean, do you not know how to do math?" This seemed to offend him. "Bed. Bed. Couch." She pointed to each piece of furniture. "Three minus four equals negative one." she said pointing to herself. "I'm gonna get my own room." Before the boys could protest she had already slammed the door and leapt down the stairs.
On the way down she texted her best friend, Philomena, a witch who might be able to figure out what had happened to her.