Chapter Twelve

THREE WEEKS PASSED

I laid on his bed running my fingers along the colorful patterns, watching him fold a few clothes, pack toiletries and his favorite DC and Marvel comics into his suitcase. Mine was all ready, waiting downstairs to be taken to the car then the plane. I remembered two weeks ago when I suggested the idea of me going to Senior High School early, get distinctions and try enrolling in a public college first before graduating to a higher one like Yale or Harvard or the Boston University. He loved the idea but didn't love the me leaving him. Endless arguments about how beneficial this would be for me resulted in the conclusion of him coming with me.

I had no problem with it but my parents would. My parents did not even want me around him. For some strange reason my mum didn't like him and whatever mum said, dad had to agree. So I contacted my friend Nick, who was the manager of the Young Gifted Entrance Exams (YGEE) to make it seem Chase and I coincidentally got in. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, everything worked out perfectly especially with the family out of the country.

"Vicky? Vicky? Vick?" Jason snapped me back into reality. Lets go the car is ready and the flight leaves in one hour thirty minutes.

With his hand in mine and full permission from his parents we set off. I stared out the window staring at the trees and little townsfolk of Orlando going around their business. 'I'll miss this place' I thought. Once seated in the plane, Jason squeezed my hand so tightly.

"Don't tell me it's your first time?" I asked mockingly

"No, first time without my inhaler" he replied, his face looking very ghastly.

"What!!? Let me call the flight attendant, maybe she can do something" I stood up frantic

"Nah, he burst out laughing"

"You know I hate liars and jesters. They are not serious with their lives" I said sorely

"I am sorry. I will never say or do anything that will make you panic....

He kissed me lightly on the lips

......I promise" his eyes sparkled as me promised me

The flight from Orlando to Connecticut was about two hours. Two hours of hand holding, tiny pecks and of course sleep. We boarded a car to the Staples High School. A school I know nothing about but was placed there with Jason by Nick's Manager Gary. 'Screw you Gary' I hissed. Arriving at Staples High School I was astonished, it was a beautiful orange building with blue glass windows.

"Breath taking" I whispered

"Yes, it is." Jason said looking at me and not the school

After sign ups and warm welcomes from the students and teachers, we we given our dorm room key. Room 209