"And you must be the queen." I curtesy clumsily and she chuckles.

"Now now there is no need for that." She brings me up and gives me a hug.

"My name is Frigga, dear, there is no need to call me any formal name." She leads me over to a couch, which I gladly sit down on, as I was about to fall over from fear. I look around and see a few maids in the corner, one of which is Agatha. She gives me a glare, and I shrink back into the sofa.

"So tell me about yourself, Claire." My eyes feel like they would pop out of my head, and I'm sure my mouth was open.

"You-you want to hear about me??" The Queen of Asgard wants to know about my life?!

"Of course. But only what you feel comfortable telling me." I sit there stunned, and then start.

"Well my childhood was a mess...."

***Loki***

I sit in the common room with a goblet of mead as I search a medical book. I had to find a cure for her, she has to live. I hear Thor and the others near the door, their voices resonating throughout the halls.

"LOKI!" Thor booms as they enter, for the second time today.

"Yes Thor?" A little exasperation creeps into my voice as I am interrupted yet again. He plops down in the seat next to me and throws his arm over my shoulder.

"YOU MUST COME HUNTING WITH US! YOU HAVE BEEN LOCKED UP IN HERE ALL DAY!" My ears ring, as Thor does not know what "inside voice" means.

"Thor. Firstly, Turn your voice down. Secondly, I am not going hunting with you. I have to find a cure for Claire."

"The Midgardian from earlier?" Hogan speaks up.

"Yes. And until she is better, I will decline all recreational excursions."

"Why is it so important to you that this Mortal, what was her name, Claire lives?" Fandril asks carelessly. I bristle at his attitude.

"I do not see how that concerns you." He smirks at my half-answer.

"Oh you know, it just seems like you care for her. With the constant research and all. Who would have guessed that the frost giant would have fallen in love?" I stiffen as his words hit home.

"FANDRIL!!" Sif exclaims.

"Just making a point, Sif." And with that he leaves, flipping his cape dramatically. Thor, Volgstagg, and Hogan follow him.

I scowl at his back. Ever since the Avengers fiasco, Fandril has taken an intense dislike to me. Mainly because the Asgardian maidens love the idea of a bad boy, and this has caused Fandril to lose some of his "fangirls" as humans call them.

"Don't listen to him Loki. He is just jealous." Sif says, laying a hand on my shoulder. I shrug her off.

"I know. He's wrong though, I am not in love. I have only known Claire for a few days." Sif smiles, and walks to the door.

"Loki..." She calls, and I look up.

"Why is it so important to you that she lives?" And then she leaves. I sit down and open another book. I am not able to concentrate though, Sif's words ringing in my head.

***Claire***

I laugh as Frigga tells me yet another story about Thor and Loki as children.

"And then, the horse got free and ran into the kitchen. Of course the boys are following it to try and catch it, so they end up being covered in food. My what a mess they were! Thor had egg all in his hair, and Loki was covered in flour. It took hours to scrub them both clean."

I imagine a flour covered Loki, and burst into laughter again. I laugh so hard that my stomach starts to hurt. Frigga is also laughing, and even Agatha cracks a smile.

"Thank you, Frigga. I don't ever remember laughing like this." She smiles at me, and then claps her hands.

"What do you say we make you a dress? The clothes in your closet right now are old ones from Sif and I. We need some that fit you properly." My eyes widen with shock.

"You don't have to make me one. I am fine with the ones I have." She stands up.

"Nonsense. We need something that fits so we can blow Loki away." My cheeks redden.

"Loki is not attracted to me." She smiles.

"Claire, when you are as old as I am, you know when a man is attracted to a woman. And Loki is attracted to you." I blush again, and smile.

"Now what colors to make it?" We enter her closet, and I am blown away by the size of it.

"This is bigger than my house!" Frigga laughs at my awestruck expression. She gestures to a bunch of fabrics.

"Which do you like?" I walk over to a section that has greens. I search until I find a cloth that catches my eye. It is a light green.

"I like this green." Frigga comes over.

"That's a wonderful color. And it goes with your eyes very well. We can pair it with this." Here she pulls out a silver fabric.

"And this." She pulls out a light brown fabric.

"Come on." She grabs my hand and pulls me up onto a stand. Her and her maids gather around me and take my measurements.

"One minute." I say. I pull out the needle, and carefully put the bag and my respirator to the side.

"Are you sure that you will be alright?" Frigga asks, her voice filled with concern. I nod, getting back on the stool.

"I can be off the bag for one, maybe two hours. And I am better than before, maybe I can reach three." She nods, and gets back to my measurements.

"You are very skinny. We need to change that. In other areas however, you are fairly blessed." One of the maids, Elisabeth, comments. The maids and Frigga keep me laughing, I hardly notice as the hours pass.

Finally the dress is finished, and I try it on. They had also taken my measurements and made me some undergarments.

The corset is barely tightened, as I am skinny anyway. The underskirt of the dress is made of a velvet brown fabric, with the overskirt and bodice a light green. The top skirt splits open so that you can see the brown underneath. It is all lined with a silver piping. There is silver detailing on the green and brown. They had also done some light makeup and my hair.

"You look amazing!" Sarah says, her face somewhat awed. Several of the maids have a similar expression. I blush, not used to the attention.

"And here, these are a must." Frigga holds up a pair of amber earrings and a necklace that matches. The earrings consist of a spiral amber stone twisted around silver, and the necklace is the same.

"Frigga.... These are beautiful. And I'm sure they are worth millions. I-I-I can't wear these. I'm just a small sickly woman, these jewels are made for a Queen!" She just smiles.

"I want to show you something." She leads me over to a covered mirror.

"Close your eyes." I do it, and I hear the cloth being pulled off. I feel her put the jewels on, the weight of the necklace settling on my chest.

"Open them." I open my eyes, and gasp. The woman in the mirror looks at me, mimicking my every movement.

Her hair is washed and styled, the top of the hair in a braid while the rest of it flows down her back. Her eyes stand out, lined with silver. The dress brings color into her skin, and it accentuates her small waist. The skirt flows down, making her seem slightly taller. She looks sophisticated, other than her mouth, which is open in shock.

"Is that..." I trail off.

"You." Frigga's face is soft, filled with a strange emotion. Then she smiles.

"Now, Loki will be here to take you to dinner in about twenty minutes." I spin around to face her.

"What!?"