Chapter 4

I borrowed Emmett's black Jeep to drive to the rez, to see the pack

I borrowed Emmett's black Jeep to drive to the rez, to see the pack. I wanted to be fully honest with Billy, and make things better. I wasn't sure how that was gonna go. I parked in front of Sam and Emily's house first. "Hello," I said in a sing-song voice.

"Lilith!" Someone said. I rounded the corner to the kitchen, and found Emily cooking, with the rest of the pack sitting there eating. That voice was Emily. "You doing better? Jake told me you're seeing Doctor Cullen." I glare at Jake and he raises both hands in surrender.

"Yes, I'm still crazy so everything is great!" I smile brightly. "How are you?" She laughs.

"I'm wonderful!" She returns my bright smile.

"Lil," I pulled myself out of Emily's death grip and turned to see Sam standing there.

"Hey," I said shyly. "Can we talk?" He nods and ales his way outside to the yard. I follow him to the tree line, where he stops. I glance at the house to see the pack all watching us through the window.

"Were you ever going to tell us you were pregnant?" He asks softly.

"Sammy, it wouldn't matter because I lost it." I sigh.

He rolls his eyes. "Lilith Grace, it doesn't matter that it was three years ago, we could've helped you out." He grabs my shoulders. "We could've been there for you. To support you."

I let out a dry sob. "Sam I've done something horrible, and I don't know how I've been able to go on."

He pulls me in for a tight hug. "Whatever you've done, I'll help you." I hide my face in his chest. "Gracie, I'll help you. I promise."

"No matter what?" He nods his head. "Sam, what I've done is unforgivable, and I don't know how I did it. I should burn in hell for what I've done." He pulls away quickly, but keeps a strong hold on my shoulder.

"No. It can't be that bad."

"I lied. I didn't lose my baby. I told Alex I did and left him, long enough to have it, and give it up for adoption." I drop to my knees. "Sam, I did the same thing my mother did to me."

"Lilith..." He drops down so he's beside me. "I'm gonna help you. We're gonna find your baby." I let out another dry sob. "Only if that's what you want."

"It's all I've ever wanted for the last two and a half years." I look up at him. "Promise me, promise me you won't tell anyone. Not the Cullens, not Billy, not even Emily."

"I promise, Lilith, I promise." I hug him again, and he stands up. "Everyone's watching." He chuckles. I look up to see that he's right, and the whole pack's watching from the window. I chuckle with him, and Jake comes outside.

"Hey," He says cautiously, unsure if I'm mad at him.

I stand up and surprise him by hugging him. "I'm not mad, Jake. I am sorry, though."