Chapter 7

Cindy walked into the club to search for her cousin. She didn't find her where the rest where. And nobody knew where she was.

After her run-in with Lauren and Austin, she just couldn't stay anymore. She had decided to find her cousin and make up excuses to leave.

'Have you seen Brit', she asked Jake who just got back from getting a drink.

'Yeah. Check the bar' he replied nonchalantly.

Cindy went over to the bar and there she found Brittany tipsy, flirting carelessly with some blonde guy she didn't recognize.

She excused them as she dragged her cousin away to a quiet and less crowded corner.

'What the hell was that for?' Brittany shouted, pulling her arms away from Cindy's hold. Anger was evident in her eyes.

'I'm going home'.

'Woah.. What? I mean why? The party has just started'.

'I know. I'm just not feeling too well'.

The anger in her eyes dissolved completely and was replaced with worry and concern. 'Are you okay? You know what? Just give me a minute, let me pick up my...'

'Oh, no. I'm fine. Don't bother yourself. I'm just a bit tired. The drinks are getting to my head'. Cindy smiled and added 'Besides i don't want to ruin your fun over nothing. I'll just catch a cab'

Brittany took her in before she finally nodded 'Alright. If you say so. But don't hesitate to call me if there's any problem. I can always have fun any other time'.

'Sure. Don't worry Brit, I'm fine. Thanks a lot'. She hugged her cousin before leaving the club.

She stood at the entrance waiting for a cab. One of the security men had volunteered to help her hail a cab. She didn't want to be a killjoy and disturb Blake. Besides the club wasn't far from her house.

'Hey Cindy'. She turned back to see Austin walking towards her. 'Are you going home?'

She rolled her eyes and faced the entrance. 'I thought it was quite obvious. Besides, you shouldn't have to bother yourself by wasting your precious time with this lowly fan of yours' she snarled, her voice filled with disdain.

'Oh! About that, I'm really sorry. Lauren could be unnecessarily saucy and rude sometimes but behind all that hard facade, she's a really sweet girl if you get to know her'

'Yeah right. Such a sweet girl', she smiled sarcastically. 'By the way, how do you know her? Is she your girlfriend?'

'Girlfriend?' He burst out laughing. 'Where did you get thst notion from?'

'I don't know. You guys just seemed pretty close'

'Hmm.. Is someone jealous?' a smirk was beginning to form at the edge of his lips.

'Here we go again. His undeflatable ego'.

They both laughed and the tension in the air was gone.

'Lauren's my childhood friend. Her dad and mine went to college together and became best friends. In a way, they just happened to pass their long lasting friendship to their kids'.

'So... She's not your girlfriend?'

'Nah.. She's more like family. We've known each other like forever'

'But she obviously doesn't see you that way' she whispered to herself.

'What?'

Uh, nothing. If you say so then'.

'Well, i do'. Austin signaled the valet that he was leaving and a minute later, a black ferrari parked in front of them. The valet came out and gave the keys to Austin before leaving.

'So can i drop you home?'

'Uhm...'

'I won't take no for an answer and besides it's kinda hard to catch a cab by this time, and unsafe too, especially as a lady'. He opened the passenger's seat and held the door open for her 'So?'

'Alright', she sighed in defeat as she got into the car and put in her seat belt.

Austin smiled as he got into the driver's seat and began to lead them out of the club.

'So where are we headed?'

'201 Shelby Drive'.

The journey continued in silence and 10 minutes later, he eased his car into Shelby Drive.

'Over there'. She pointed at a white house surrounded by flowers, a few blocks away.

He parked in front of her house and turned to look at her. For some reason, they just stayed put inside the car in a staring contest, lost in each other's gaze. The building tension in the car was too sharp.

Miraculously, Cindy managed to break the spell and look away. 'Thanks for the ride'.

Austin smiled at her, 'It's my pleasure'

She smiled back at him. She couldn't believe the turn of events today. She had gone from waking up late and almost missing the auditions, to meeting Austin and the little episode with Lauren. And now, she ended the day by riding back home in a ferrari. A freaking ferrari. With the hottest guy on this planet. Epic.

'Thanks again'. She removed her seat belt and then moved to grab the door handle of the car.

'Cindy?'

She stopped and turned to face Austin, shocked to find him a lot closer than she'd anticipated.

'Yes?' She gasped, her voice almost breathless.

'I look forward to seeing you soon. Perhaps, you could come watch me perform some time. That way, you could tell if my talents match my looks' he smiled suggestively.

'Perhaps. But i doubt'. She smiled back and reluctantly opened the door.

'Oh! Does that mean you find me that attractive?'

'Now, we are getting ahead of ourselves, aren't we?'. And with that, she got out of the car, moving away from the sweet sound of Austin's laughter.

She turned to wave at him before entering the house.

Once she had locked the door, she released a breath she never knew she was holding.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote, like and comment. Debbie cares 😘.