2: Greetings

The clock hit 7 when May and Kest opened their eyes. Kest remained speechless as she stared at her surroundings. May yawned as she got up, ruffling her hair as she went.
" W-What is this?!"
May turned and smiled, opening up her arms in a greeting manner.
" That Kest is my bedroom."
Kest narrowed her eyes." No, it's not."
May's held a mischievous glint, looking at her complexion in the mirror.
" I know."
Kest looked out the window." And it definitely isn't Deltora either."
May turned around." That's because we're not."
She walked over to the window and looked out. Kest caught the minuscule sorrow she tried to hide. Unable on what to say, she remained quiet. It was at times like this that she didn't know what to do.
" Earth..."
" Excuse me?"
" Earth," May stated again." That's where we are."
Kest got off the bed and stared at design of the room. There wasn't really anything different then a normal room back in Deltora, but have a special feel. She walked around when her foot slammed into a cupboard. It looked overfilled with papers and Kest reached to tucked in back in. May caught her in the act and screamed.
Starling, Kest stopped and looked at her.
" Um, Don't touch that," exclaimed May, her voice really high." There's nothing worth worrying about here."
She came over and lead her to the door.
" Come, I'll show you my family."
Kest was reluctant at first, curious of what it could be that May could be hiding, before giving. She let May lead her through the house, her eyes scanning the place with amazement. It was nothing she had ever seen before. May took slow and steady steps, watching every corner until they reached the front door, unnoticed. With a relieving sigh, she let go of Kest and smiled.
" I've got a plan, so in the meantime I need you to stay out here for me, alright," she beamed.
" Yes, your highness."
Ignoring her, May closed the door behind her, leaving Kest outside. Lest turned back and her jaw dropped at the sight. Rows of house filled up the lane, all with peculiar designs. A large tree caught her attention, its pink flowers swaying in the wind. A moving box of some sort drove by, when Kest heard the sound of a door opening. Looking back, she realised it was not this door, instead was at the house next door. The door was opened by green-headed boy, who looked around the same age as her. She heard clashing noises inside, which brought the boy's attention. He waved. Kest waved back without thinking.
Suddenly, the front door opened with May in a different entire.
" Part 1 is complete. Now I just have to bring you in."

Kest blinked and saw the boy from before staring at them. Kest looked back at May, who looked different in the patterned jumper and skirt.
" I think that boy over there wants to say hi," pointed out Kest. May looked over her shoulder and smiled.
" Then why don't we!"
Confused, Kest looked at boy and sighed. May cupped her mouth.
" Hello there!"
The boy grinned and walked over to them, a bag on his back.
" Hi, my name is Kyoya. I live next door to you," he bowed. May followed the same gesture.
" Well Kyoya. My name is May and this here is Kest."
Kest nodded." Yo."
May looked at her bag." Are you going to school, Kyoya?"
He nodded." Yes. First day actually."
" We were about to go there our selves," said May.
" I could wait for you, if you don't mind."
" What a great idea," clapped May." Just give a moment, will you?"
Kyoya agreed and May pulled Kest inside the house.
" Mother! My friend is here!"
Kest peaked over May's shoulder and saw women with great stature. She had very light blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.
" Hello. It's nice to see May come in with friend, once in a while."
Kest nodded, smiling.
" This is Kest. She needs a place to stay for a while. We both are diagnosed with the same problem. That how we got to know more of each other. We're good friends now," explained May. Kest looked confused.
What problem? She thought. May's mother smiled without asking any further questions." Well, I guess you need to go school too. You can use May's clothes. I think you will be able to slide through them."Kest nodded. "And call me Julie."
May grinned." Thanks mum! You're the best!"
" I know, I know..."

May yanked Kest upstairs and got her ready, preparing her bag and her supplies. Kest desperately wanted to ask May a lot of questions, but they all remained unanswered. As they hurried out the house, May turned back to Kest.
" By the way, the school here might be a little more different than usual."
" How so?"
May shrugged." Let's just say it's more... modern." They waved a good bye to Julie, who was on the phone to the school, assigning a new student for the day.
Outside, waited Kyoya. He looked up, when he saw them coming. He smiled.
"So, ready to go school?"

--