7: The Meeting

Kest woke up to feeling the morning breeze, brushing against her skin. She shivered, and rubbing her arms. She looked down at what she was wearing,and realised that she was back in her nightgown.
  She sat up, and looked at her surroundings back on the same room she had woken up to, just a little while ago. May was not with her, but she could still feel the warmth she left behind on the bed. She walked over to the door and just when she was about open it.
  May opened it from the outside. The two of them stared at each other for a long time, until May blinked. Kest smiled.
"I won."
"Very funny," said May, as she walked into the room. Kest followed her back to the bed.
"So what are we doing today?" May rubbed the back of her head.
"Well, I actually didn't have time to think about that..."
"Don't we have school?"
"Nah. Today's Saturday, we don't have school today or tomorrow."
"Then what do we do?"
"I could... show you around?" Kest shrugged her shoulders in reply.
"Sure..." Suddenly, Amy bursted into the room, panting.
"May, get down here! Stylish Pink have a performance that is in our area for today only and- and I really want to go! You have to take me! Please!" May and Kest blinked, and they looked at each other, grinning.

🕛🕒🕧🕘🕛

_Back at the palace_

"Today's matter is crucial and must remain within this as this concerns the queen," said Lief, slamming his hands on the table. Lief had called together a meeting the next day. His fears daunted him at all night. He grew desperate, but he knew he couldn't do it alone, by himself. There before him sat selective people in the council or all those left available in the palace. Everyone who knew May or had joined them in their quest to find the belt. No many of them remained in the palace to return their tribes and report from there. The group consisted of Jasmine, Barda, Nebe, Teru, Milli, Ruen and of course, Tarth. The table vibrated to the very last person, they looked at each other. This going to be personal.
"I believe that something had been bothering the queen that she can't even talk to us about it," continued Lief, May's right hand. Nebe remained silent, her eyes staring daggers at Lief. Clueless at what he planned to do. Jasmine tester on her arm.
"Or maybe she would tell anyone except you, you worrywart. What if it doesn't concern you?" Lief frowned.
"But—"
"If she is hiding something from us, it must be of a good reason. We should ask her about it, but there really isn't a need to push her into submission. She is the queen after all," rambled Barda, captain of the palace guards. Ruen silently agreed with the nod of his head.
"Might just be overthinking it. It could just be girl business, is all," said Milli, curling his fingers. Everyone stared at him. The boy-more out of fear- ran to Ruen and climbed onto his head, his face curled in the locks of his hair.
"We should discover what she's hiding! It must be something very important!" exclaimed Tarth." My dear darling May, what is there that could be more secretive than telling your beloved-"
"Any other suggestions?" asked Lief, annoyed. Nebe raised her hand.
"Sorry to change the topic, but where's Kest?" There was silence in the room and everyone, now looking around, realised she wasn't here.
"Maybe she doesn't know of the meeting?" Suggested Teru, scratching his head.
"Or maybe she decided not to come," mumbled Jasmine under her breath. Lief thought for a moment and remembered his conversation.
"From what I discovered, it seems that Kest—" The door of the meeting room opened by the person herself.
"You mentioned me?" Kest stood with crossed arms and an irritated look on her. All had their eyes on her.
"And just where were you?" asked Lief. "I called everyone to come to this meeting." Kest yawned.
"Can't a girl have her morning flight in peace?" They remained silent. "Can I leave now?" Lief collected himself together, his eyes looking for any clues. He chose his words carefully.
"We were just considering the situation concerning May. It looks like she hiding something from us. Do you know anything about it?" It was her turn to remain silent. She turned around.
"Is that all? If so, I have better things to do. If she's hiding something, there must be a good reason for it." And with that, she walked off. The doors closing behind her. Everyone looked at each other and smiled.
She knows.
Meanwhile, Kest morphed into Dain. He had pretended to be Kest, so they didn't realise that she had disappeared. It was a small favour she has asked of him every time she disappeared. And when she did, she truly did. He could not sense her presence from miles away and it made him anxious. The situation had made him curious as well. But it wasn't his business to interfere. Instead, he went back to his daily chores and the work his master had left behind. Hoping for a compliment in her return.
May's disappearance made be a clue to his master's disappearance or be connected somehow. But only cared for their safe return.
In the meanwhile, he would keep his master's record on the minimum. A smile gradually formed on his lips, glad he was able to be of help. He walked down the halls, only to be greeted with silence as people avoided him on the way. Small murmurs echoing through the air, repeating the same old rumours. He sighed. How he missed being with his master and her friend...
--