{Originally on my CuriousCat.}

/I'm scared to talk to him/. Doyoung looked to his friend with a sigh.

"It's okay, just talk to him... as much you can talk." Renjun grinned really wide up at his hyung.

/But what if he doesn't speak sign language?/ Doyoung asked back with his hands.

"You can always use a pen and paper! Look I know you have a crush on him, but don't miss out on the chance to make a new friend! He seems really nice!"

Doyoung pursed his lips. He was glad he wasn't deaf, but having his voice box destroyed from a childhood incident did make things a little hard for him in life. But yet, he made the truest friends coming up until now. Renjun was his favourite; younger but understanding.

"Talk to him, you dork. Here, let me get you something."

Renjun ran off, leaving Doyoung waiting, glancing over to Taeyong talking to two friends in the corner. He had overheard they were leaving soon, so now he wanted to make his move and befriend the cutie.

Eyes looked his way. Taeyong smiled at him.

Doyoung blushed and waved back, turning back to Renjun's direction. His hands started sweating.

Without making a nose, he silently signed the words 'I wish I wasn't so nervous' to himself.

Renjun came back, grinning ear to ear. "Go get 'em, tiger." he handed over a notebook and pen then pat his back.

Doyoung stood up straighter, facing Taeyong who was now alone.

Renjun retreated to a corner, watching quietly.

Doyoung took a step, the hardest of all, then another, and soon was walking towards the boy.

Taeyong turned to him, seeing him approaching.

"Oh, hello!"

Doyoung was shaking. He bowed quietly, then put the notebook up his other hand, flicked it open and wrote something.

~Do you know sign language?~

Taeyong giggled. Then he wasn't sure if Doyoung could hear him, so he shook his head.

Doyoung shrugged with a small smile, before writing in his notebook again. ~I can hear you, by the way.~

Taeyong giggled louder, holding his shoulder. "I'm sorry for assuming! It's lovely to meet you!"

Doyoung looked at him for a moment too long. In all the things he'd heard in his life, there was nothing quite as beautiful as Taeyong's laughter. Taeyong noticed and merely smiled. Doyoung had to mentally shake himself out of it, writing again on the paper.

~I'm Doyoung! You're really ~ and just as Taeyong read over his shoulder, he furiously scribbled out his rambling. Even being mute, he couldn't help himself. ~I'm sorry.~ he wrote afterwards, just in case he saw.

"It's okay- hey!"

A bunch of teenagers ran past, drunk out of their minds. A guy snatched the notebook from Doyoung's hand, throwing it to the ground and stepping on it.

Doyoung stared in horror, looking at the crumpled only piece of communication he had with the cutie.

"How rude." Taeyong murmured. He scoffed. "Don't worry about them."

Doyoung stared at the notebook sadly. He noticed Renjun from the corner of his eyes, and saw the boy shrug at him. Guess it was time for Plan B.

Doyoung turned to Taeyoung with a shy smile. He may not be able to speak, but he was only a little rusty on mouthing the words he needed to get across if necessary.