Reprucutions of Repression

Sol was oblivious to the conversation that was taking place in the room at the moment. He was happily sitting beside Luke as that one lady and his alpha talked. They had these meeting once a week, sometimes his mother would tag along to see Sol but something seemed to have held her up today.

"No! We want Sol back now. We've done all you've asked and more, yet you still haven't honored your side of the deal." Xander growled. He was pissed. These HPA people destroyed his pack and now practically controlled when they were allowed to shit.

"I'm sorry Alpha Xander but you have no bargaining chip. We make the rules, that's final. You can either live with it or we can decimate the remaining few of your pack." Alison's face was stone as she spoke. She couldn't be where she was today if she got emotional.

"Xander, please. She's right we have no way of stopping them. Things aren't so bad... Please, can we just go home?" Cassian wasn't feeling at all well enough for this meeting but hadn't wanted Xander to go alone, especially since Andromeda couldn't make it.

Xander glanced at his mate and sighed. He wouldn't keep Cassian away from home any longer. Maybe once the pup was born he would fight Alison more on the matter but he needed to get his priorities in order.

"Fine. We are going." Xander glanced at Sol one last time. He was pale and Xander knew the lack of shifting was affecting him. Even with the goofy smile plastered to his face as he looked up at Luke "And let the boy shift God dammit. You don't understand the consequences of not shifting for too long. Pretty soon his wolf will literally explode out of him. When that happens there will be no human form left to go back to. Just lots of blood to clean up."

Luke's eyes widened. Wait what?

"How long does that usually take to happen?" Alison asked casually.

Xander shook his head and shrugged. "It's never been risked before in our pack, we only know of the old stories. Our wolves used to be much wilder, their humans would try to contain them only shifting on full moons when it was the hardest to keep from turning. This seemed to be fine. The wolves would run wild for one night out of the month, but one man didn't like the violence, he wanted to find a way to stop it. So he refused to shift.
   That's as far as we know for sure. As with all old stories the legend keeps getting changed as it is retold. Some say he spent months keeping his wolf in, others years. Still more say his wolf went wild when he saw what his human was planning and busted out in a few days. I don't know Sol's wolf that well, hopefully he's a gentle spirit like Sol, but everyone has their breaking point."

"Benny no hurt me! He loves me. Said he would do it." Sol was frightened, having tuned into the alpha's story.

"Benny might not mean any harm Sol but he might just go crazy being caged up inside you and not even think about what he's doing until it's too late. Please Sol, for your own safety, convince your mate to take you out to shift. The full moon is coming up and I don't know if your even strong enough to resist the shift then. Better yet, come home with us. I don't think the humans will take kindly to your other form." Xander didn't want to even think about what the humans would do to a suddenly shifted Sol running through the house.

"Who's Benny?" Cassian had never heard the name.

"Alpha! You sound like mom. I stay with my mate, I'm here for Luke, not because of you." Sol growled. He wasn't leaving his mate. "Benny is what I named my wolf! Well, it his nickname. I think it not fair they doesn't get names."

Xander put his hands up in defeat. "Your mother told me to at least try to bring you home. Bye Sol, come on Cassian we should get you home."

Sol didn't want to leave his mate but Xander's story did scare him. He always thought that was just a story the older kids told, like a ghost story. He hadn't thought it was real.

I'm sure nothing like that will happen. Bentius assured.