"That's what I'm trying to tell you, Lin! I'm not like her. I like dancing more than bending. I like to change my outfit three times a day. You know I'm right, you call me girly all the time."

"It sucks if this is the first time you'll be hearing this, and from me of all people, but listen up... You can like dancing and bending. Don't tell Kya I ever said those words, but... You can care about your hair and still be strong."

Su remained quiet after hearing that.

"So stop worrying about what our mother would do and just do what Suyin would do." Lin added.

Hearing that Su got an idea. She needed to open a door. And how do you open doors? With a key! Of course.

She molded the metal ball into a key-like structure and stuck it into the lock. Now she just needed to adjust the lower side of the key to fit the mechanism. She wasn't strong with her metalbending, but maybe she could be precise. Like her mother when she built statues.

"Su? Su are you trying again?" Lin asked through the door.

Just a little more... Su finally succeeded in turning the key. Could that mean it's done? She let go of it and the door swung open just a crack. She did it.

"Spirits, Su! Su, why aren't you answering?" Lin continued talking to the empty cell until she heard delicate footsteps run to the bars of her cell. She turned to see her sister free.

Su was waving her hands around, trying to open her sister's door the same way she opened hers.

"Are you metal-picking that lock?" Lin smiled.

"I guess so." Su smirked back when she heard the lock click. She immediately ran to put her arms around her sister. They were doing that a lot now. Hugging. And it really wasn't a family custom with them. Neither of them minded it, though.

"You kid have just earned yourself all-you-can-eat ice cream when we get home." Lin chuckled, "Now let's find Mom."

"You think she'll be proud of me?" Su asked.

"I know I am." Lin pulled away and took Su's key.

oooooooooo

While the cells were completely platinum, the rest of this building Lin and Su were roaming around was made out of wood. Lin was hoping to feel some earth underneath the floor and finally get a fighting chance against these bastards, but no luck. She concluded they must have been on a higher floor of the building, far from any bendable earth. Smart. At least she still had the little ball of metal Su smuggled in.

"Mom! Where are you?!" Su called out for Toph.

"Seriously? Why don't you tell everyone we're here?" Lin put a hand across her sister's mouth. It was too late as they could already hear guards running toward them.

"Lin?" Su was sorry for yelling when she saw their way was now blocked by three guards.

"Get behind me, Su." Lin stood between her sister and the men.

"What are you doing out of your cells?" one of them asked pointlessly.

Lin took her bending stance and rose the only piece of metal she had next to her shoulder. She made the little ball morph into what looked like an arrow tip. Sharp and threatening. She hated that the idea was from her dad, but she had to do something.

One of the men bended a stream of water at her, but she dodged it successfully and launched her little metal blade at him. It cut his shoulder and flew right back to her side. The other two guards stared in shock. Lin knew she could go for their throats. It would be so easy. But she wasn't like him! She wasn't her dad.