Prologue + Copyright

BEFORE YOU START READING

Hey! My name is Coraline, also known as @phillips_ and thank you for checking this book out.

This is an original book written by yours truly, and no, it has not been inspired by Orange is the New Black because I haven't watched a single episode of that show and therefore know pretty much nothing about it. Please don't tell me that I've just taken its plot or something, because if I have, it's definitely unintentional.

Plagiarism is a crime, kids. If you see anybody copying from this book, please message me so that it can be stopped. DO NOT STEAL ANY OF MY WORK. It's not worth it, and it's not going to make you any better as a writer, or as a person, really. So don't. Or I will personally screw you up, punk. Copyright infringement isn't a joke.

Now, on to the story. Enjoy!

'Touched down in Paris, had her waiting, had her waiting for me/Like ooh la la , ah oui oui, c'est la vie.'

-Foreign Remix, Trey Songz feat Justin Bieber

'Ticket, please.'

I handed said item to the person behind the counter, and waited while they checked my personal information, as well as scrutinizing my face to see if it was the same face that was in my passport photo. Although that photo was taken about 3 years ago, I hadn't changed too much. The hair had stayed the same, minus the hideous bangs that I had cut myself because I thought I would have looked cute.

In other words, I still looked like a fetus.

'Thank you, miss, go to that scanning area over there to check in your luggage before boarding your plane. Have a nice flight!'

'You too!' I shot a brilliant, full-toothed smile at the guy before grimacing at the realization of what had just come out of my idiotic mouth.

Giving him another smile (this time, a really awkward twist of the lips with no teeth showing), I slowly trudged away from the counter, ignoring the muffled chuckles behind me as I came closer to the scanning area.

Maybe this trip to Paris would make me learn proper social skills.

'Just hand me your bags, and we'll send it through the scanning tunnel.' A plump woman, who looked like a sweet old grandma, said as she held her hands out.

'Sure.' I gave my 3 pieces of luggage to her, as well as my new Gucci handbag that had been a gift from one of my family members.

As my bags went through, I began daydreaming of what it would be like in Paris. The sun, the delicious aromas wafting from every cafe as they cooked sweet treats and pastries, as well as hot boys (hopefully).

'Ms Taylor? Ms Taylor!'

I was shaken out of my imaginings by the lady who had taken my luggage. She had an annoyed look on her face, quite a contrast to the motherly expression a few minutes ago. She had probably been calling me for a while now.

'Sorry, yes?'

'We've found something in your bags, so I apologize but we're going to have to check it out.' She, along with a couple of other officers started opening my second bag and rummaging around. Their nasty, filthy sausage fingers picking through my belongings.

Good thing that wasn't the bag with my underwear in it.

'Ms Taylor, would you care to explain this?'

The grandmother held up a metallic sphere, with a timer stuck to the side of it that was counting down from 6 and a half hours.

Which was the time that it would take to get from here, to Paris.

Her eyes had squinted nearly shut, and her three chins were trembling in rage like a jelly castle.

All I knew about this ball thing was that I had never seen it in my 17 years of life.

'I'm not sure what it is, are you certain that was in my bag? Because I never packed it-'

'This is a bomb, set to go off and explode by the time you reach Paris.'

'A bomb?' The lady gasped behind me, and fainted unto the floor with a solid thud. I would've laughed, if I wasn't so shocked.

'It's a bomb! Everybody run for your lives!' Somebody cried out and I turned around.

Immediately, people started running in all different directions, screaming, wailing, shouting.

'She's part of the terrorists!'

'She's going to bomb each country one by one!'

'She's going to make our noses explode!'

It was utter chaos, with random bags being flung into the air and little children falling unto their faces.

I never liked babies anyway.

Then I remembered the problem at hand that caused this cacophony, and turned to the grandmother.

'Look, I know for sure that I didn't put that there. You've got to be mistaken. Somebody must have slipped it in or something while I wasn't looking-'

'Ms Cassidy Taylor, you are under arrest for illegally trying to smuggle a bomb into the country of France. I'm afraid you'll have to come with us.'

'No! This is a mistake, I promise you, somebody's trying to frame me-'

A police officer clamped a pair of handcuffs on my wrists as I struggled, and started to drag me away.

'Stop that! I can explain, please just don't drag me away! I have to go to Paris! I wanna eat good food and stare at hot boys, just let me go! I'm begging you here! I-'

'You have the right to remain silent-'

'Excuse you peasant, but-'

'Anything you say will be used against you in court-'

'I'm sorry, but that's not going to stop me from-'

'You also have the right to consult with an attorney, and have him or her present during questioning-'

'My lawyer is going to beat you guys up with verbal abuse-'

'If you can't afford an attorney, one can be provided for you.'

'Are you saying I'm poor, because that is not nice! I happen to be the daughter of the CEO of one of the biggest companies on earth, and he can ruin your entire existence! And I will not go to court! That is not happening, so unhand me right now!'

I kept screaming, and kicking and trying to get my point across that I didn't notice one of them taking out a small gun, and tasering me in the back.

My body jolted from side to side and the smell of burnt hair filled my nostrils before I collapsed unto the marbled floor.

'My lawyer will abuse you to smithereens!' I choked out before I collapsed unto the floor.

A/N

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy, prologue!

This is a book that I hopefully will finish, so stay put :)

Vote, comment, follow?