.xxx.

"history has its eyes on you."
w o r d c o u n t : 1,749

The door swung open and Diarmuid immediately recognized the presence from their brief meeting in the weeks earlier

He'd given Ezra all the information he had so to see him back already had Diarmuid wracking his brain for reasoning.

"Ezra Pierce, I didn't think I'd see you again so soon but I won't deny that I'm rather excited. I enjoyed your company." Diarmuid smiled, moving out of the way of the door. "Come in."

Ezra stepped inside and was just as awed as the very first time he entered the coven house. He was instantly embraced with a warmth that quelled his shivering as Pads poked his head free from Ezra's jacket, finally free from the harsh cold. "It's nice to see you again, Diarmuid."

"What can I do for you, Ezra?" Diarmuid asked with a welcoming smile. Ezra glanced over at the lounging area and saw a group of younger witches glance away quickly, whispering quietly among themselves.

"Last time I was here you said everyone does their part and contributes, no one's treated specially. You mentioned that if I ever needed a place to go I could stay here. Is that offer still on the table?" Ezra asked, watching as Diarmuid's face lit up.

"Oh absolutely! Ilan!" He shouted up a staircase before turning back to Ezra. "Ilan is one of our newer members. Usually, our new members share rooms, starting in our community rooms with ten. The longer they stay, the further they go and get to room with less and less other witches. Only our leaders get single rooms and I know you're new but you'll be rooming with Ilan. Her previous roommate left not long ago. She'll explain our rules and our way of life. Just don't call her by her first name if you figure it out." Diarmuid lightly touched Ezra's arm.

"Be warned, she's deaf so if you're speaking to her make sure she can read your lips. You wouldn't notice it for a long time just talking to her and she doesn't ever really mention it."

A tall girl drifted down the stairs, stumbling down the last few and clutching to the railing. The force slammed her into the wall and Ezra couldn't help but wince as she bounced up and hurried over to them.

"Yes, Covenmaster Diarmuid?" She asked eagerly. Ilan couldn't have been any older than seventeen, with brown hair in tight curls that fell in her face and she was constantly blowing away.

"Ilan, this is Ezra Pierce. He's going to be staying with us for a while and he'll be rooming with you. Get him settled in and both of you get to sleep. Tomorrow I expect you to explain the rules and everything he needs to know about how we live. You're exempt from work duty to give him a tour and after that, we can see about his job." Diarmuid explained with a bright grin, clasping his hands together. "You two should get some rest."

The girl beamed at him before turning to Ezra. "I'm Ilan, it's so nice to meet you, Mr. Pierce." Ilan beamed at him with unmatched enthusiasm. "You can follow me and I'll show you to our room."