Chapter Seventeen : A Jealousy & A Conjecture

Start from the beginning

"Okay, no, seriously what did you get him?"

She takes a deep breath to calm herself from her laughing fit, "I got him these really nice shoes he wanted. They cost like a hundred and fifty bucks, so he better worship them! And I also got us, us meaning plural, he and I, me and him, the two of us, tickets to see this really legit dance crew we both love. It's gonna be so dope, you don't understand."

"Wow, well those sound like really awesome presents to me."

"Yeah, I'm excited to see his reactions," she says with a smile.

"I feel pretty lame now, I just got him a fifty dollar gift card to that video game store."

"He's gonna love you so much for that," she tells me seriously. "He might even hug you for it."

The two of us spend the next thirty minutes talking about what we're going to wear later. Naomi excitedly takes her time picking out an outfit for me to wear, which takes more than ten minutes alone.

Finally, when she's done, she looks at her phone. "I gotta run, I have to stop at the bakery to pick up his cake. Ice cream cake!" She cheers excitedly with a wide grin, throwing her hands in the air.

I laugh at her, "Alright, I'll see you later tonight then!"

She gives me a hug goodbye, and then she's on her way.

~

Here I am in my car at five thirty in the evening, wearing the outfit that Naomi and I had picked out earlier today. I'm heading towards Adrian's house which turns out to be only ten minutes away, but first I stop at Dylan's house. My boyfriend's house. As I slow to a stop in front of it, I dial his number where he picks up on the second ring.

"Hey, are you outside?", he asks through the phone.

"Yes, now come on so I can see your face."

"Okay, okay, I'm on my way."

Not even a minute later, he's jogging towards my car. As soon as the door is shut and he has his seat belt on, he turns to me. He grins, but before he can get a word in, I lean across the console and give him a kiss right there on his perfect lips. He holds his breath for a second or two before kissing back.

I know it was kind of an abrupt move, but hey. The entire week was rough because we couldn't kiss at school at all, and he worked every day, and I had practice, and long story short, I never really got to kiss him. Only twice, I think, which is not nearly as much as I wish I could have.

I pull away from him and shift the car into drive, "It had to be done."

I still feel his eyes on me as we drive onto the road, and he speaks, "I wasn't complaining, you just kind of surprised me."

"It's been so hard not being able to just kiss you and kiss you and kiss you," I whine to him. "And now we're about to go a freaking party where I won't be able to just kiss you and kiss you."

"I'm sorry," he says, though he's smiling. "You can kiss me and kiss me later."

"Later?"

"I'm kind of inviting myself to your house afterward. Is that okay?", he asks, now timidly.

"Is that okay?," I repeat mockingly. "What the heck, of course it's okay!"

"Good," he grins. "Because I am so gonna kiss the hell out of you later."

"Dylan O'Brien, you are about to make me ditch this party entirely!", I warn him. He always does this thing where talks about things that will happen "later", and basically, so far, later never comes and he just leaves me very sexually frustrated.