Music Is A Wonderful Thing

I had to stop myself from crying as I played.... It sounded so beautiful. I don't know why but people stared at me in wonder as I played. I sighed as we stopped playing. When I had put my violin down people stared to turn at me. But Brad... He was actually wiping tears from his eyes. I looked around in confusion. Was my playing that bad? Everyone started clapping. Well that is everyone apart from Hannah who had a look of rage on her face. Brad walked over to me and told me to stand up. "What did I do?" I asked quite worried at what had occurred.

"You did nothing wrong Sandy you were brilliant and that was your first time playing this symphony. I must ask where you learnt to play like that?" Brad said this with a grin on his face. Everyone had gone silent to see what I would say.

I blushed and looked around until I finally said, "I taught myself..." Every ones eyes widened at this.

"That's amazing!" I heard someone yell. I beamed I had never been praised in my life. This was the first time ever.

"You taught yourself!" said Brad shocked. He smiled suddenly. "You are the most wonderful person that I have ever met!" There were cheers of agreement from the other musicians. Everyone apart from Hannah who still glared. But I didn't care... I changed my mind about the best day that I have had.... This had been the best day that I had ever had!!