Chapter 12 ~ Mila

Start from the beginning

Something I did notice was my friend playing her cheesy music and watching us, but I decided to ignore her.

“Long time no see,” Zayn spoke up, our eyes still in this intense hold. “How’ve you been?”

“Really busy. Uni is killing me but I love it all the way,” I replied honestly. Yeah, it was really exhausting to study Literature, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. It was my passion, after all.

“I can imagine. By the way, you never told me what are you studying.” That was right, the only one I’ve talked to about that was Liam and a bit to Harry, but he was more interested in other kind of activities of mine.

“Literature. If I wanna be a good writer I have to know about literature and the masters, right?” He looked surprised and I wondered what he thought I was studying. “Did you expect me to study another thing?”

“For some reason I saw you as a lawyer,” replied the black-haired boy and I raised an eyebrow. He wasn’t the first to assume that and I could be a good lawyer, but I wasn’t going to sell my soul. If I couldn’t choose all my cases, then I wasn’t going to be part of that system. Alhough I really loved knowing about laws and new issues in the world. That was me, always needing to know something new.

I laughed a bit before answering, “I considered to be a lawyer for a while, but then I realised I just couldn’t. I wanna be a writer.”

He nodded understanding and for some reason I felt like I could keep talking to him about the topic, that he would listen to me carefully without judgement. I loved to talk about literature and my passion about it and it frustrated me when people didn’t understand it, when they thought of it as just books. It was more, so much more. That was one of the reasons why I put so much distance between my family and I, because they never understood that important part of me.

“I love writing, though I’m very insecure about it and never like what I do, but publishing online it really helps. I just need to get the courage to show my manuscripts to some editor.”

“You already write? That’s incredible! I’d love to read something of your work,” he said and I raised my other eyebrow.

“Who knows? Maybe one day I’ll tell you where you can find one of my stories,” I said with a mysterious tone. Or that was what I tried to do, not sure if it worked.

Zayn just smiled and we stayed like that for a little while until someone put his hand over Zayn’s shoulder and popped his curly-haired head between us. “Sorry for interrupt, but you know that we can’t stay like this forever. Move your butt, Zayn!” Harry demanded and then he looked at me and winked. “Having fun?” He asked and I felt my cheeks burning.

“Shut up!” I snapped at him and I could see Zayn looking at us a tad bit confused.

“Oh, before I forget it. Do you have plans for these holidays?” The curly boy asked and I frowned a tad bit.

“Isn’t too soon to be asking that? We’re not even in December yet,” I replied as he put his arm around Zayn’s shoulder as trying to keep him there. “And to answer your question: no, I don’t have plans.”

Normal Uni students went to their parents’ houses. Moni and I, on the other hand, tried to avoid our families as much as possible. Yeah, it was holidays; you were supposed to be with your family, but who wanted to be in a house where at the end everything was going to end in a fight? Not me, definitely and I knew my best friend didn’t want that either. Probably we were going to stay in our flat, having dinner or something nice and exchanging presents the next morning. That was what we did last year.