Chapter 5

*Tessa*

"Since you're no longer stuck in bed, what do you wanna do?" I ask.

"I say we walk by the shore."

"Okay, let me grab a sweater." Will takes my sweater from the hanger and slides it over my head. I smile at him. "You are such a gentleman."

"I try my best." He takes my hand and we head out.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The shore of the Thames is beautiful, shrouded by grey clouds, the water gently lapping the shoreline.  I lean my head on Will's shoulder and he wraps his arm around me. He kisses my ear and leans in.

"I love you so much Theresa Gray." He whispers.

"I love you too, William Herondale."

The wind has gotten colder and it's raining now. I shiver slightly. Will takes his jacket off and wraps it around my shoulders.

"Are you warm enough?"

"Yes, are you?"

"I'm just fine, Tessa." He tightens his grip around my shoulders and I instantly feel warmer.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Back at the institute, Will and I sit together in front of the fire place.

"Would you like some hot tea?"

"That would be nice, thank you."

"I'll be right back."

"Okay." 

                *************

Will comes back with two steaming mugs. 

"I made it just the way you like it."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He settles next to me and rests his head on my shoulder. He shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Thank you for making today special."

"It's the least I can do, you did nurse me back to health after all."