Chapter One

Chapter 1

>Payson's POV<

Walking through the front doors of school, side by side with my brother Easton, girls are shoving and pushing trying to get to my brother. They sweet talk me, thinking that if they're nice to me then Easton will like them.

"Oh my gosh! Payson, can we go out sometime?"

"Payson, your hair looks so good today! How do you do it?"

"Payson, I love your shoes!"

That's what I hear everyday walking down the hallway at school with my brother Easton beside me.

"Hey Pay, I'm gonna head to class you good," my brothers asks me as he pats me on the head.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just not excited to be back." Waving goodbye to my brother, I start to head to my class. Being off a week of school has really screwed up my schedule, but I was giving the pleasure to attend cornell college for a week. I ended up having a great time, and am ready to start college next year, but for right now I just have to make it through this terrible school.

So let's get back to all those random girls that tried to talk to me back there. Looking at them now, I see them giving me the evil eye and snickering to their friends.

"Can you believe she's the big sister of the hottest guy in the school? She's not even pretty." One of the girls whispers to the leader of the bitch crew.

"I bet she was adopted, or they found her on the side of the road and felt sorry for her" another whispers.

All those girls make my time at this school terrible. However, I try to not let it get to me because I know that they are jealous of me since my brother Easton is the Quarterback, and the captain of the football team.. Plus, he pitches for the school's baseball team; it's hard to believe he is a junior now. It seems like just yesterday we were five and nothing in the world could hurt us. I know what you're thinking: I must be so popular, and the head cheerleader since I have such an amazing brother but ha, I'm not. I'm captain of the girl's soccer team, even though I'm a total klutz. Not only am I the captain of the undefeated girl's soccer team, I'm also at the top of my class and making straight A's. Not to brag, but I could go to any college I want to, which is the reason why I got to go to Cornell and sit in on classes for a week. Anyways, back to all those girls yelling and what not. They only talk to me when my brother is around so that they look good in front of him. But, as soon as he goes away they turn into pain-in-the-ass one, two, and three.

"PAYSON!!! Honey, I missed you so much! Why did you leave me here alone for a week?!" I hear as I am strangled-- some might call it a hug. The one and only Charlotte Matthews: my co-captain and best friend since we were in diapers.

"Charlotte, leave her alone. We were gone that week,too." I chuckle as I'm pulled away and wrapped in a bear hug by my brother. Okay okay, he's not my actual brother but he might as well be. He is Charlotte's twin brother Christian Matthews. I guess you could say he's our protector and doesn't let any guy near us unless their motives are clear. Charlotte she is also the head cheerleader. Her brother plays football and baseball, with my brother, Easton. I guess you could say we have a pretty good life, and nothing bad ever happens to us.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me, how was y'alls family vacation to Italy? I want all the details."

"We had a great time and there were so many good looking guys...." Charlotte says as she explains everything that happened, my mind tries to listen but I keep getting distracted by the clock on the wall.

"Sounds like a lovely trip! I think we should head to class so that we aren't late," I say as I link arms with the both of them, beginning our walk to our first class of the day.