Chapter 7

It has been one week and 5 days since I blew up on Talen. I had the right, he broke my heart. I woke up from the same exact night mare again; my parents on fire running with other people running also asking me to help them then they all go silent and all I see is the burned flesh. Sweat ran down my face. A knock came from the door.

"Who is it!?" I yelled.

"Chase! It's time for breakfast!" I heard him laugh then run his little feet downstairs to the kitchen. I got up and did my usually routine. For breakfast I sat out on the patio by myself or Jacqueline usually came out and sat down with me. It was always quiet but never awkward. Today I guess we are having conversation.

"Hun, how come you are sitting out here all of a sudden? I know something happened between you and Talen but you don't have to sit near him." She put her plate down on the table.

"Just remember that you were right." I got up and walked to the field. I marked a spot for my parents. I put crosses in the ground and wrote both their names. I had a better relationship with my mom if you couldn't already see. I sat there till it was time to leave for school. I had to run in brush my teeth really fast and then leave. I grabbed my bag and we left. Matthew and I switched cars. I rode with Cameron and he rode with Talen.

"So what happened between you and Talen?" Cameron asked.

"Ask him." I said flatly.

"I already tried but he would give in. I think I even saw a tear."

I pulled away and wiped his eyes for him. "I didn't know Mr. Talen McCallen cried." I smiled with my tears hanging from both eyes. "Only for you." He sniffled and I laughed.

I shut up and jumped out of the car super fast and ran into the school for homeroom. We had to sit and the exact spots we came in on the first day. I moved out my chair a little so I wouldn't be so close to Talen. They still had to sit on the window sill. Everyone walked in and there he was. Talen. I can't believe how much I hate him. I can't believe how much I want to punch him or throw something at him but the only thing I did was slam a door in his face. I saw him look at me and then he looked away when he saw my face grew angrier.

I raised my hand, "Can I go to the nurses office?" I asked Dimitri while he was teaching and Mr. Albert was watching him.

"Why?" Dimitri asked back.

"I have a bad headache and something in here made it worse and I don't know what." He wrote me a pass and I walked out of the classroom clenching my fist. The nurses office wasn't far. I walked in to see Natalie with a scrape on her face. Wow. I laughed in the inside but have a questioning look on the outside.

"I fell this morning." She shrugged.

"How do you fall this morning? It just started." I said politely as I could.

"I fell on the steps. These heels suck." I looked down at her heels and noticed something. The heel bottom was broken to start with. I bent down and pulled off the part that makes the shoe and heel.

"Why did-" I interrupted her and said, "This is why you fell, it was already broken." I stood up and walked over to the nurse. She gave me a ice pack and medicine. Homeroom was still in so I knocked on the door and guess who opened it. Talen.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Sure." I retorted and walked over to my seat. It was so hard not to talk to Talen. I was so angry but at the same time my heart was aching for him. Every time I see him my heart shatters. I even cry myself to sleep because I don't feel safe anymore.

******

Here I come lunch...I made friends with a lot of people here. The girls started not to hate me when they actually got to know me. This girl Mckenzie is very nice. She is my new best friend even though no one could ever beat Nina. I miss Nina so much. Since I don't sit with my brothers and stupid EX, I sit at the table next to them with McKenzie. I don't know why they sat next to each other but I could manage, I hope. Every single time I looked up, I saw Talen staring at me. As a response, I just shook my head and put my face in my hands. We laughed and joked around. We call ourselves, "The Reckless." It sounded cool so we stuck with it.