Chapter Seventeen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Was it wrong that I actually felt a ting of anticipation and even more so, wanting to move out there? But what about my friends, Jenna, Justin, the band. Vic. Shit, no, Vic. God this was just so much pressure.

"I'll think about it, uh." Was all I said before he started talking again.

"My manager really likes you guys, did I tell you he's thinking about signing you? Think about it, you and your band could come with us! We could be tour buddies!" He grinned, but I couldn't do the same, I was still in shock.

"Really? He wants to sign us?!" I screeched, butterflies filling my stomach.

"Yes, possibly, I'm so happy for you!" He yelled back, engulfing me in his warm hugs that I love so much.

"I-I don't know what to say. Thank you so much Austin, if it weren't for you encouraging me to perform, this wouldn't have happened. I'll talk to the band and um, yeah." I said a little too cheerily. The band would be so happy. I'm so happy. So happy I almost forgot about the fact that we might move across the country.

"Do you wanna go out tonight?"

---

Vic's POV:

I'm pained every time my mind drifts off. Because it always drifts off to Kellin. It's been a month since we've seen or spoken to each other, and I long for him everyday. I don't know where he works now, so I can't go there to speak to him. He changed his number, and he hasn't been home when I'd go over to Justin's. Then again, Justin always shut the door in my face no matter how many times I protested. There was literally no way for me to contact Kellin anymore, that was until now. Of course when I'm at my worst he'll fucking pop out of no where! But he wasn't alone. And then I really wished I wasn't there. I wish I could just fade away.

His fingers were laced with another man's. But not just any man, a guy who looked extremely familiar to me.

"Oh hey, I know you!" The man's voice exclaimed. "You were in the elevator in San Diego, right?" He asked, and then I remembered. He was the tall one, mocking my height.

"Oh u-uh Austin, this is my e- my friend, Vic," He said rather awkwardly. Could you blame him?

"Nice to meet you, I'm Austin," He held out his hand, which I plainly took and shook.

"So....what brings you here?" I asked after a moment. Stupid question, we were at a bar.

"Austin doesn't live around here anymore, so I decided to show him the new bar we've gotten since the last time." Kellin said quickly, avoiding my gaze. 

"Uh, cool, well...have a good time." I said awkwardly.

"No wait! I wanna get to know you," Austin exclaimed. Of course. I saw Kellin's face flush before he took a seat next to Austin, a couple seat down from me.

"So, how are you two friends?" Austin asked.

"I was his therapist, uh...yeah."

"Kellin you never told me you took therapy!"

"Yeah I....I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I take pills."

"Aw babe." Babe? 

"Well I gotta go, nice meeting you Austin...Kellin." I waved and hastily headed off. I couldn't leave yet though, my friend Tony was going to come get me when I called.

"Be right back," I heard Kellin say, and then I felt his hand on my shoulder. Just the touch of him made me shiver, and it made me even more depressed. He motioned for me to follow him, which I did. We ended up in the bathrooms which were surprisingly enough, empty.

"We need to talk Vic," He said, closing the door.

"Uh...okay."

"Austin sings in a band called Of Mice and Men, they're signed to Rise Records and his manager may sign us." 

"Oh, congratulations..." I trailed off. Why was he telling me this?

"I'm just telling you this because, if we do get signed.....I'm moving."

Oh fuck. "O-oh, where?" I asked, fighting the cracking of my voice.

"California." That's it. Literally. 

It felt as if my heart was literally ripped out of my chest, cut in half, and thrown into a fucking river. 

"That's cool," I said calmly. I just needed to get away.

"I just wanted you to know because...I didn't want you to worry about me. Austin said I could come with him, so...yeah. If this is the last time I get to see you, I just wanna say I forgive you, but we can't be together. Well, yeah duh, Austin and I are a thing, but-" He continued to speak, but I tuned out. Was he trying to rip my heart into shreds? When he finished talking, I looked back, tears welling up in my eyes. I wasn't going to stick around for the outcome though.

"Well, I hope you have a good time....bye Kellin," Was all I said before scurrying out of the bathroom, leaving the club. It was chilly outside, but it didn't bother me. The tears fell and all I could think about was the possibility of Kellin leaving me permanently. 

I coudln't let this happen. I won't let this happen.

I've got to win him back.

---

Oooooooooh snapppppppp, do you like the tension or am I killing you?! Comment what you think's gonna happen below, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote! :D