Animal I Have Become

Draco's POV

Days passed by after the Halloween Ball. Ariana and I have decided to skip a week's worth of classes and hang out in our dorm. It's been very fun actually, she's such a child. She made me play exploding snaps and wizard chess in which I beat her in every single time. I smirked remembering her sad expression everytime I yelled 'Checkmate!' We were laying queitly in our bed, waiting for sleep to take us. I was rubbing circles on her back when she spoke for the first time tonight.

"Draco?"

"Mmmh?"

"What side are you going to be on during the final battle?" She asked, randomly.

"I don't know." I said truthfully.

"Well what side do you want to be on?"

"Honestly, Potter's side but you and I both know that I'll be killed if I even think about switching sides." I dropped my head in shame. I'm such a coward, I thought.

"Your not a coward." I looked up at her confused and she giggled. "Yes, you did say that out loud." She smiled and I blushed. "I think you brave" I looked up at her and frowned.

"Why?"

"Why do I think your brave?" I nodded. "Because Draco, you sit here and call yourself a coward because you feel like you've made all the wrong choices but you've never really had a choice. I think your brave because you've done all of these terrible things in order to save your family. That's very noble of you." She paused and then smiled. " And I'm willing to bet my wand that if you were to be sorted all over again, you'd end up in Gryffindor" I teased and I smiled.

"Thanks but I think that your the one whose brave not me." I said truthfully.

"Me?" She scoffed. "I'm not brave at all. I'm just consumed with revenge. All of these years I've been plotting my father's demise. And now the only thing driving me is love. The love I have for you and Scorpius." She frowned as if it were a bad thing.

"Exactly why your brave. Your always standing up for what you believe in, whether it's justice for Jessie's death or the need to protect your love one's. I love how you never show weakness towards your father." She smiled.

"Thanks." After a moment of silence I spoke.

"So...What side do you want to be on?" I asked, curiously.

"Harry's side" She didn't even hesitate. I smiled at her confidence. "But I've made my choice. I'm going to be on whatever side you choose." My smile grew and I leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. 

"You don't have to do that"

"I know but I want to." She beamed and I hugged her, bringing her to my chest.

"I love you Ariana."

"I love you too Draco." With that we both fell asleep, feeling content with our lives.

***

Waking up the next morning with Ariana in my arms made me feel like the happiest man alive.To bad nothing last forever. As I stroked her luscious hair I felt my left arm begin to burn and Ariana bolted up from the be, indicating that she felt it too. We both shared a look and jumped off the bed. She conjured us some clothes and after getting dressed she teleported us outside of the dinning room hall at the Malfoy Manor. We took way to long to get here and knowing the Dark Lord it will only lead to punishment. I gulped as we pushed through the huge double doors. Once the Dark Lord came into view I bowed.

"Draco" He did not sound happy with me at all.

"My Lord"

"Ariana"