"I wasn't even staring-" You stopped speaking when you heard what sounded like a howl. Your eyes widened and without thinking you moved closer to Malfoy hiding your face with the sleeping bag. He's here. That's him. It's the end. I'm going to die next to Malfoy. Maybe I should just run now.

"Y/L/N." You heard, but you didn't look up. "Y/L/N."

"What?" You barely whispered.

"You're kind of invading my space." You opened your eyes and slowly pulled the sleeping bag from your face to see that you were basically laying on Malfoy.

"Sorry I-I-erm.." You stuttered. Great going Y/N. He's going to make you remember that for years. Idiot . You told yourself moving away from him but still closer to him than Susan.

"It's fine Y/L/N. I knew you liked me." Malfoy breathed moving closer.

"Move one bit closer and I will break your arm." You warned glaring at him putting your hand out so he couldn't come any closer.

The doors began to slowly open. "Don't make a sound!" You mouthed closing your eyes thinking it was Sirius. Malfoy nudged you and you opened your eyes.

"It's Dumbledore relax." He mouthed back.

"Still don't make a sound."

"I've searched the Astronomy tower and the owlery and there's nothing there." You heard someone say but you couldn't make out who it was.

"the third floor is clear too."

"I've searched the dungeons and there's no sight of Sirius Black nor anywhere else in the Castle." That was definitely Snape.

"Thank you Severus. I wouldn't expect him to linger."

"Remarkable don't you think? To enter the castle completely undetected.

"Very." You couldn't make out much more as it seemed like they were getting further away.

You shrugged and closed your eyes and eventually fell asleep.

-

You woke up and stretched taking a deep breath. Your neck and back hurt from laying on the cold floor and it didn't help you couldn't get to sleep properly. You still managed to wake up earlier than other people.

You rolled over but you couldn't. You jumped when you realized that Malfoy was right next to you with his arm around you. Well that's awkward you thought to yourself trying to move without waking him up. You gently moved out of his grip, but You couldn't help but look at his face though, it wasn't in his usual scowl it was a flat expression which you don't think you've seen before.

--

Your first class was defense against the dark arts with Professor Lupin.

"Hi Y/N. Where did you sleep? I didn't see you." Ron asked catching up to you as you walked to class.

"Take a guess." You sighed.

"Hey." Harry and Hermione said at the same time.

"Hi." You replied.

"I just asked where Y/N slept and she told me to guess." Ron informed.

"Well I'm guessing it was bad." Harry said.

"Correct." You fake grinned entering the classroom. Harry an Ron sat together so you sat on your own.

Soon after more people joined you and before you knew it the class was full.

"Lupin's late." Harry said.

"He isn't normally." You responded confused as to his whereabouts.