:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 2

Start from the beginning

Seth grinned. "Tell them I said hi."

I returned his grin. "Will do."

"Seth!" someone called from the front of the shop. "Where are those cupcakes?"

"I've got them right here!" Seth called back, a frown appearing on his face. "Geez, they never give me a break," he muttered, rolling his eyes.

I giggled, punching him lightly on the arm. "I'll talk to you later."

"Alright," he responded, heaving a sigh. "Careful on your way home."

"I will be," I responded, moving around him, towards the employee room.

I went to my locker and grabbed my coat, shrugging it on. Standing on my tiptoes, I checked to see if I had anything in my locker I didn't want to leave behind. There were only a few candy bar wrappers in it. I decided to leave those there.

After grabbing my umbrella, I slammed my locker door shut once last time. I didn't look back as I left the room, and walked straight out of the bakery. They wouldn't be having me as a customer again.

I opened my umbrella before stepping out into the downpour. Scowling, I made my way down the street, stepping in many puddles. I hated rain. Everything bad happened when it rained. Today was no different.

The walk to my apartment only took ten minutes, but during those ten minutes, I had become incredibly cold. It was October! It shouldn't be freezing out! I hurried up the steps of the apartment building, entering its warmth.

Instead of going straight to my apartment, I went to Will's. I knocked on the door and after a moment the brown-haired, twenty-seven year old opened the door. His green eyes widened in surprise.

"Harley? What are you doing here?"

"I got fired," I muttered, pushing past him and into the apartment.

"You got fired?" Will responded in disbelief. "Why?"

"Because a certain someone's little brother made her late to work one too many times," I responded, pursing my lips.

Speaking of the devil, my little brother suddenly appeared. He raced up to me, clinging to my leg, a goofy grin on his face. His semi-curly brown hair fell into his face, and he had to shake it away so he could see me.

"Pig!" he cried, his bright blue eyes gazing up at me happily.

I frowned back down at him. "I told you to stop calling me Pig!"

"No! Pig is Pig," he stated stubbornly.

I scowled at the five-year old. Pig was what my mom used to call me because I ate a lot. I guess it had stuck with my brother. It wasn't a nickname I particularly enjoyed.

"You're back early," Elliot said, still smiling. "Why?"

"Um, I got a day off," I responded, not wanting to have to explain what happened. Explaining things to toddlers was not fun.

"So we can play?"

"We can play," I said with a laugh. "I just need to talk with Will for a moment."

My brother nodded in excitement. "I'll go get it started!"

He ran off, probably to go turn on the Wii, his latest obsession. I turned back to Will with a sigh, flopping onto the couch. The soft, plush cushions were very relaxing.

"I don't know how you can put up with all his energy all the time," I started, watching as Will took a seat on the recliner across from me.

"I'm not that old," he pointed out.