CHAPTER 28

HEY GUYS... sorry for the late upload... still have those issues going on... enjoy and thank you for reading :)

CHAPTER 28

The flight to New York is as silent as fate. I would have been happier in economy class seated next to a chatty Cathy if I'd known that it'd be so awkward. Ashton is asleep before me with his legs spread far apart in a comfortable position whereas I sit rigid looking out the window at clouds that lost their splendour about 30 minutes into the flight.

"Would you like something now Miss?" I turn to face the airhostess with wide eyes. I have been saying no to her every 7 minutes – you'd think she'd have got the message by now. I'm afraid if I send her away with another refusal, she will be back to ask the same question.

For some reason, I look towards Ashton who hasn't moved an inch then back to the air hostess who looks hopeful. I stand from my seat; ask for directions to the toilet and she's happy to the lead the way.

Coming in, I was so nervous that I didn't take in any of my exquisite surroundings and now as I go to the back of the plane, I gape at the things money can buy. All around, I see luxury – from the cream sofas to the 6 seater dining table right next to them. Just as I pass by a slightly opened compartment, my eyes catch sight of a bed causing a gasp.

"Wow." I don't realise I said it out loud until the airhostess responds.

"Takes my breath away every time I see it too." She opens the door and gestures for me to get it. I step through, take in my surroundings then pop my head out of the door and look at her dazed. "Are you serious?" I mouth, pointing towards the toilet to which she laughs.

"The plane looks small on the outside... whoever built it used the space inside wisely." She utters.

"I could sleep in here." I say, looking back towards the toilet. The shiny interior is something that can make someone's mouth water.

"You can, as long as you make your way to your seat before we land." She replies with a smile. "If you need me, ring for me." I nod and watch her disappear the way we came.

Once alone, I do everything but use the toilet. I start by feeling the towels that seem to have been plucked from one of the clouds outside then go for the soap shaped and wrapped like sweets. I have seen this type of luxury in the Bevilacqua mansion but the interior of the house is classy and vintage. This here is modern and sleek – I cannot get enough of it.

"Mum..." I call as soon as she answers my face time call. Her face is way too close to the screen. "mum... mum... pull the phone away from your face so I can see you better." She does as I instruct and as soon as Emma's smile comes into view my own fills the screen. "Hey honey... are you being good for nana?" I question, my smile widening as she nods. "Did you have your dinner?" she nods again as if she's forgotten how to talk.

"Are you sure it's okay to talk on video honey?" mum queries, drawing my attention to her. She looks visibly worried, the furrowed brow and lip nibble.

"Of course mum." I lie. I have no idea if it's okay and thinking about it brings a weakness to my already relaxed knees so I change the subject. "You okay, mum... you look tired."

"It's your child," she says. "I'm too old for this." She adds with a smile and from Emma's squeal, I presume she's tickling her. I grow silent for a second as I watch them.