From spencer💞: One of the reasons? And what may the others be?

Kat: wait until 6:30 and you'll find out (;

She tucks her phone back into her pocket and walks back to see Tyler on the phone.

"Alright. I'll be right there." He hangs up and shakes his head.

"Is everything alright?"

"No, actually. My dumbass roommates clogged the toilet and now it's leaking."

Kat can't help but laugh. Ever since they met, he has always ranted about how idiotic his roommates can be. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Honestly? Neither am I. But I should get going."

"I'll walk with you. I have to go to the market anyways."

He smiles and together they leave to his apartment.

While Kat and Tyler's relationship got stronger, so did her and Spencer's. After that night they spent together, she felt this newfound feeling of trust and appreciation for him that she's never felt before.

Whenever they can, they try to fit each other in their schedules, but between the immense work from all of her classes and shifts at Stumptown's, his pile of papers waiting to be graded and lectures in need of planning, and precautions they still have to take about where they have their affairs, it's been difficult on both of them.

The newly formed couple so desperately wants to climb on top of a building and shout their love to the entire world...but for right now, they can't.

With Kat being out nearly all the time and returning bright and early with her hair in a knotted mess and trying to hide her body as much as possible, the signs are clear.

One night, when her roommates all sat down to eat for dinner, Celia finally confronted her. Kat quickly shot Josslin a look seeing a smile form on her face, amused by the idea of how Kat will respond.

She quickly answered that she met someone named Spencer in her criminology class. Although it wasn't the complete truth, it wasn't a lie ether.

Celia, Viviana, and Josslin, simply playing along, continued pushing on questions about him. What does he look like? Where's he from? How'd you guys meet?

Kat kept her answers short and dry. When they all asked when they get to meet him, she gave them a simple answer: "No time soon. We're moving slowly."

"Alright. Time to save these dipshits." Tyler shakes his head as they both reach the entrance of his complex.

"Good luck with that." She chuckles. He stares down at her for a moment before taking a step closer. She recognizes the look he gives her. Before her brain can even fathom his actions, she feels him press his lips against her own. Her body is too in shock to even move. He takes her silence as an invitation to carry on. He remains latched onto her until he finally breaks apart to catch his breath.

"I'll text you later." Tyler smiles, leaving her speechless on the sidewalk.

"What the hell just happened."

She walks to the market completely oblivious to the world.

The way it felt with Tyler kissing her was nothing like kissing Spencer. When she kisses Spencer, she feels fireworks igniting inside of her. But right now with Tyler, she felt the same as she did when he kissed her two years ago. No butterflies, no bombs, nothing.

But only one thought is eating her up: if she truly felt nothing, then why didn't she pull away from him?

She's not mad at Tyler. She's mad at herself. Mad at her body for betraying her and not stopping him.

After that first night she spent together with Spencer, she did doubt their relationship and how it'll go, but as they spent more time together, that worry vanished. But now, it's back.

Those thoughts remain stuck to her until she's standing outside Spencer's door with a picnic basket in hand.

"Hey." She smiles, trying to hide her ongoing stress.

"Hi." He softly pulls her into the apartment and places a gentle kiss onto her.

• • • • •

Even as Kat lays on the carefully set  blanket, she finds herself question her actions once again

"You've been kind of quiet all night. Are you okay?" He asks, falling beside her.

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind is all."

"Like what? If you don't mind me asking."

Kat thinks carefully. "Do you think we're moving too fast?" She feels him turn his head towards her, but she keeps her eyes on the night sky.

"Kat... I thought we were over that."

"I know. But maybe I could've transferred out of your class? Or
we could've waited? It would only be, what, six months?"

"Eight months. What're you saying?" She finally faces him and can physically feel her stomach drop from the look of his big, panicked hazel eyes reminding her of a lost puppy.

"No, no! Nothing like that." Relief instantly wipes over his face.

"Did something happen?"

"No. I just was- you know what? Just forget I even said anything." She replies quietly.

They lay in a brief silence until Spencer asks her the question she's most expected since they got together. "Have you told anyone about us?"

"Uh, my roommates know that I have a boyfriend named Spencer, but that's it."

"They don't know that-"

"One of them does. And I'm sure AJ knows. We aren't exactly the best at hiding it from her." She didn't mean for her voice to come out so snappy, but it did.

"Did I say something?" Her body softens once she hears the genuine concern in his voice.

"No, it's not you. I'm sorry. It's been a long day."

"You want to talk about it?"

She sighs and leans into him. "No."

And even though he knows she does, he doesn't argue with her.

Author's Note
School starts in four days and I'm already stressing out lol
If you started school already or are starting soon, I hope you all have a great year!