chapter vii

September 16, 2015
"I didn't know that I was starving 'til I tasted you."

"Fuck!" Kat groans out when she is greeted with a pounding ache in her head. She slowly opens her eyes, giving them time to adjust to the light and views the room.

At first, she's convinced that last night was some weird fantasy that she concocted in her mind, but when she looks down to see Spencer rolled over, reality hits her.

She remains in bed for a few minutes, taking in everything. She rolls over to face Spencer and is in awe. The way the sunlight hits his perfectly chiseled face, his messy hair, and his slightly parted lips all reminding her why she fell for him in the first place. She desperately wants to reach out and touch him, but instead she removes herself from the bed to hopefully cure her headache with breakfast.

When Spencer's eyes flutter open, he's met with the smell of crisping bacon. He peels the sheets of the bed off of him and reaches for his briefs and a pair of sweats from his drawer before heading into the kitchen.

Spencer smirks at the sight in front of him. His eyes examine his stolen white button up shirt loosely draped around Kat's petite frame that falls just below her mid thigh due to their height difference.

"Good morning. Nice shirt you have on." Spencer greets, wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on top of her head.

"I thought I'd go for that cliché, morning-after-sex look."

"It suits you." He spins her around so so they're are facing each other.

He takes a moment to admire her. He looks down into her big brown eyes, full of  hope and joy.

He's falling hard. He knows he shouldn't be, but he is. Deep down, he's still holding on to Maeve. He almost feels guilty being with a girl, especially since that girl is younger and happens to be his student.

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

Kat tries to hide her smile, "Oh, stop it."

Spencer pulls her closer, but she places her hand on his chest to stop him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she winces at the reoccurring throb in her temple. "I may have drank a little too much."

"I tried to tell you. I'll get you some Advil." He places a gentle kiss on her forehead and releases her to retrieve the medicine.

On the bathroom counter sits Kat's phone. He takes out two pills from the bottle and grabs the phone.

"Hey," he raises his eyebrow in confusion. "Someone from 'thot block' texted you?"

Kat immediately drops the spatula in her hand. "Oh shit!" She runs over to Spencer and snatches her phone from his grasp.

"Come on, pick up." She mumbles into the phone. She looks over at Spencer, concern washed over his face, but she motions to assure him everything is okay.

"Katrina? We've been calling you all night! Where the hell are you?!" Celia nearly yells into Kat's ear.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I lost track of time, and by the time I was going to leave it was already really late. I'm really sorry." Kat apologizes.