chapter 17 - Welcome to Storybrooke

Flashback 1

Maine

Night - Camp Site

(Song:) This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads

Kurt and Owen Flynn were camping.

Kurt taught his son Owen how to correctly tie a lanyard keychain. "Yeah, there you go. That's it. A little tighter. Now pull the loops as tight as you can. Ah, look at that. I mean, it's not bad for your first one."

Owen showed him the strings he used. "Green and red, like Luke and Darth's lightsabers."

Kurt smiled. "Hey, here is one for your collection. Your grandpa taught me how to make these when I was your age."

"You're giving it to me?" Owen asked. "It's mine now? You weren't very good at this when you were my age, were you?"

Kurt laughed. "All right, smart guy. Yeah, time to get dinner started."

(Song Ends)

A strong gust of wind started.

"What is that?" Owen asked.

"Probably an electrical storm," Kurt told him. "Put the fire out. Get in the tent!"

"Dad!" Owen told him.

"Owen, we'll be all right, kid," Kurt told him.

They put the fire out, hiding in the tent for shelter. The Dark Curse blasted through the woods. Later, Kurt and Owen woke up, finding trees knocked onto the ground, one tree even crushing their car.

"Whoa, what kind of storm was that?" Owen asked.

"It's a big one," Kurt answered. They began walking, searching for the nearest highway. "The highway should be just over that ridge, and then we'll get a ride to the nearest town."

"Dad?" Owen asked.

"That's what you get for camping in the boonies, I guess," Kurt told him.

Owen saw Storybrooke. "Dad. Look."

Storybrooke

Street

Owen and Kurt were walking down the street.

"This is impossible," Kurt told him. "We drove through here yesterday. There was nothing here. It's like someone dropped a town right on top of us."

They looked at the Storybrooke clock tower. A sheriff's car stopped behind them.

Sheriff Graham got out of the car. "You need some help? You two look lost."

"Who are you?" Kurt asked. "What is this place?"

"Name's Graham," Graham answered. "I'm the Sheriff." Kurt and Graham shook hands. "Welcome to Storybrooke."

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Mills House - Regina's Room

Regina woke up for the first time in Storybrooke. She looked out of the window, seeing the tow, realizing the Curse had worked. "I did it. I won."