Chapter 7 Kitten

<3 Derek's POV

I appear in the habitat I made for my little pup and look around. I see him jumping from rock to rock chasing a butterfly. I laugh and slowly make vines grow around him. He stops and starts to bark at the growing vines. I chuckle and make my way towards him. "Hey, little one," I say and he looks up at me. He barks and tries to jump over the vines. I smile and pick him up.

"Let's go home, buddy." He barks in reply and I transport us back. When we were back in my room he ran into the bathroom and came back out in a hoodie and shorts. "I'm hungry." I chuckle at his statement and take his hand and lead him into the kitchen. When we got there I saw Colin cutting up steak in a bowl while Alexis was sitting on a bar stool with her head down.

"Hey Alexis, how're you feeling?" She glances at me and mumbles something I couldn't make out. Louis let go of my hand and walks over to Alexis. "Hi, Lexi." "Don't call me that." She instantly responds as she looks him dead in his eyes. "Why?" "Bad stuff happened and I don't like to be called that." That made me look at Colin who had stopped cutting to listen. "Oh okay, what can I call you?" "Alexis." "Okay." She looks back down and plays with the sleeves of her long sleeve.

Colin places the knife down and turns to me. "Hey man, do you mind finishing up? I have to talk to Alexis real quick." I nod and he turns to Alexis and they walk out of the Kitchen.

<3 Axle's POV

I sit on my bed thinking of what consequence Zachary deserves as he sleeps in his crate. When he starts to stir I stand and make my way to the medicine cabinet. I grab a syringe, finally deciding on his punishment. I walk over and open the door to his crate and inject him with the serum. He slowly started to shift and eventually ended up in his lion form. I swiftly put a muzzle on his snout and shut the cage door. "This will stay on until I see fit to take it off. You will-" I was interrupted by shouting outside the door.

"I DO NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU SHIT! YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO DEMAND ANSWERS FROM ME AFTER YOU KIDNAPPED ME! I MAY HAVE HAD A CRAPPY LIFE BUT IT WAS MY LIFE AND YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO TAKE ME AWAY FROM IT! DO NOT TOUCH ME!" I quickly walk out of my room and towards the living room. Upon making it, I see Colin reaching out for Alexis as she looks close to shifting. I also notice Derek standing at the threshold of the kitchen with Louis hiding behind him.

"Hey, guys. What's going on?" Alexis' eyes snap to me and I can see the fear in her eyes, no matter how much she tries to hide it with anger, it's still there. "Nothing man. Just trying to ask Alexis a few questions." I glance back at Colin and then return my gaze to Alexis. She is shaking and her eyes are darting all over the room.

I slowly take a step towards her. Her wide eyes snap to me and I can see the transformation of her pupil into a narrow slit. "Hey Alexis." I say softly as I take another step. I catch her nostrils flaring and her lip curling back. Right now, she looks completely feral.

"Why don't you and me take a step out onto the back porch? You can get some fresh air. It'll just be me and you. Okay?" I barely noticed her kurt nod. I lead her outside after telling Colin to stay behind. She sits on the stairs that descend down to the lively green grass. I sit next to her and wait in silence as she calms down.

"You wanna talk about it?" She gives me a sharp look then goes back to staring into the forest. "It'll come out eventually Alexis. I just want you to feel comfortable when it's time to tell the rest of them." She looks down at her shaking hands with furrowed brows.

"It was after my dad..... after my dad passed. My mom and I had to move in with my aunt and uncle because she couldn't support us and afford all the bills. My mom worked day and night so I barely saw her. I was at that house alone with my aunt, uncle, and the friends they liked to have over. They were having a party for work or something and there was drinks and drugs and one of their friends.... one of their friends came upstairs. To my room. He..he-" she cut herself off when she broke down into sobs.

Colin busted through the back door and immediately had Alexis in his arms. "He-he called me L-lexi when he w-would-" more heart wrenching sobs left her mouth. "Shh love. You're safe now. I'll protect you. I'll keep you safe. Just breath sweetheart, shh just breath." Colin kept whispering soothing words to her as I heard shifting behind me. I look to see everyone, except Zachary, standing there. Louis and Joseph looked about ready to cry.

I stand and walk over to them, pushing them inside and shutting the door to give them privacy. "You guys should get these two upstairs and to bed. It's late." They nod and leave to their rooms. I hear shuffling in my room and realize I left the door open. I walk up to my room and see Zach clawing at the cage door. He's turning repeatedly in his cage seeming restless.

'He must have heard.' I crouch in front of the door and lay my hand on its top. He stops and looks at me before growling out of agitation. "Sorry buddy. You have to stay in here with the muzzle. We'll talk about what you just heard tomorrow."

Colin <3

I carry an unconscious Alexis to my room and gently tuck her in. I move the hair out of her face and stare and her tear stained face. I sigh as I leave my room. Shutting the door I pause for a moment. 'What the hell did I just hear.'

I knooow! It's super late! Please don't kill me! I'm gonna try to update one more time this weekend. Maybe even twice???

Anywaaays what do you think about Axle's nurturing side?? What about Alexis' past? Let me know and please vote and comment.