---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f i k a : Swedish

a moment to slow down and appreciate the good things in life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Viiiiiiiii" I heard my little monster...I mean brother screaming. "What, Luke!?" I yelled.

And like any other day in the hellhole, I got absolutely no reply. Ugh, siblings.

I got up from my bed and made my way to the stairs, ready to go beat my brothers ass as soon as I got to his room downstairs.

"How many times have I told you to just text me if it's something important? Why do you think you have a phone?" I rolled my eyes at the sight of Luke with his left hand stuck in one of the drawers.

"I think I have a phone because our parents don't want to go everywhere with me because I am a child and it kills their vibe" he grinned at me.

Smartass.

"Ugh, Luke. How did you even get your hand stuck in there?" I eyed him suspiciously, to which he responded by saying "don't ask questions you don't want answers to"

"You know that just because you have the same name as Nolan Gould in Modern Family, you don't have to act like him, right?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'll believe it when you have proof"

God, this kid.

"Okay, I'm slowly going to pull your hand out. If it starts to hurt, tell me. I will go get some lotion and stuff"

You see how well prepared I am for this stuff? Why, you ask? Because my wise ass parents are gone a lot and because my dumb ass brother is a little dumbass and trouble maker. Don't get me wrong, I love him. But sometimes...I just want to set my house on fire and adopt a new identity. Too weird? Okay.

"What were you doing here anyway?" I asked him as I slowly tried to get his hand out, without hurting him, of course. "And how did you get stuck? And don't give me that bullshit answer again or I will leave you here till you rot and become a skeleton"

Luke raised his brows at me and smirked. Seriously, what is it with kids these days!? "Whoooo, I'm so scared. Big, hairy girl is going to make me rot by leaving me here in my parents room. So scary!"

Big? Hairy?? "Um, excuse me but I came here to help you with this and I am feeling so attacked right now" I glared at the little monster.

"I bet Adrian sees it too" he wiggled his brows at me "sees you being all big and hairy and gross"

"Luke!" I narrowed my eyes at him "How do you even know who that is? I have never even told Ashley abou-wait a second.....did you.....read my...diary?"

Okay, I know sometimes people think that when talking about certain younger siblings, us older siblings exaggerate but I kid you not- this kid looked me dead in the eye and said "I did. And god, you're such a pathetic loser"

An eleven year old kid just called me a pathetic loser. He is eleven years old!

But you know what is worse? Its my brain that cannot comprehend how to come up with savage responses because, somehow, I ended up saying "If I am a pathetic loser, doesn't that mean I am pathetic at losing and thus am a winner"

At that moment, I could see him losing any respect he had for me. Eh, wasn't much anyway. "Um, are you sure we're related?" I rolled my eyes "Is that really something you want to be asking me, the only person who can get you out of this right now?"

His expression quickly changed and he looked at me with now humbled eyes "You're right. Help me and I'll feed Fika for a week. I promise!" Now we're talking. (Fika is my cat btw)

"See, where was that attitude 2 minutes ago? Would've freed you by now." I smiled. "Alright, it's time for me to free you from the dumb trap you've somehow got yourself caught in"

Seriously, who gets their hand trapped in a fucking drawer? "Lukey, the next time you decide to be a dumbass, can you please do it when Mom and Dad or around? Or better yet, when I'm not around" I said, successfully getting his hand out.

"1. Your outfit is a dumb trap you've somehow got yourself caught in and 2. I've been trying to get you out of this house for years but these two humans who rule the house seem to love you for whatever reason" He shrugged and ran away before I could beat him up with the same drawer he was caught in.

Ungrateful big baby.

What? He is an ungrateful big baby. Do you know how many times I've saved him from getting seriously grounded? Okay, fine. Not many but...I have. I'm sure of it. Ugh.

Anyway, that's my little brother Luke, he's sort of annoying but he's a real sweet kid to people he likes. Not to me but you know...people he likes. Sigh.

Thank god today is Sunday or I'd be late for school because of him. School. Shit. That reminds me, I have homework to do and I promised myself I'd do it Friday night but somehow I procrastinated myself into Sunday, shit. It's cool, I've been through this before. Just a few stressful hours that I'll be spending crying over Math instead of watching Korean Dramas. It's cool...I can handle it. Cool cool cool cool cool cool.

Fuck.

***