REVIEWS: Cover Cover

REVIEW of the covers in
Cover Cover by StarGrist

REVIEW of the covers inCover Cover by StarGrist

Note: ★ - Focus

ORIGINALITY 10/10
I can tell that you trust your gut and don't rely on a style. That's good! Though, I see you do those outline thingy around the face-claim/s which I think is already overused here on Wattpad.

____________________________________

CREATIVITY 7.5/10
Putting aside the manipulated covers, it's pretty obvious that you just got a pic from the internet, put the text, and voilà, the finished product. I suggest you add more effects and/or adjust the colours (Tip: don't go overboard with the Magic effect tho). As for the manipulated covers, I do like that you don't play it safe. You add as much colours and designs as you feel the cover needs (Tip: don't go overboard with the brush too). Just keep practicing and exploring other resources.

____________________________________

RELEVANCE 7.5/10
>Font★ (5/10)
Three things:

1. Don't combine too many varying fonts. Find the most (or the few most) fitting fonts to the genre/story/theme. Especially with the title, one or two fonts will do. I don't mean stick to only one font always though. Also, make sure the font is readable.

2. The font scarcity is evident. Add more fonts, it's really easy if you're on Android (Tip: check out my bonus chapters for resources). Though, once again I like how you don't keep it safe and actually go for really expressive fonts.

3. Either the text sticks out too much or it camouflages into the background. For the former, again, it's obvious that you just pasted the text over a photo/artwork you found on the internet. Now this is not much of an issue if it's on a photograph. But if it's on an artwork, the text seem to have little to no blending at all. The colours tend to be too solid and bright. For the latter, the text totally blends into the background that it disappears. This is due to the colours of both the bg and text being too closely similar.

So all in all, try playing with the contrast, texture, shadows, and blending of the fonts (Tip: careful with the outline/stroke). Also, don't let the colours of the fonts clash or be too similar with the colours of the bg.

>BG/Model/Subject (10/10)
They're pretty relevant and I applaud you for not being random just to fit an aesthetic.

____________________________________

NEATNESS 8.5/10
>Placement (8/10)
The placement of the title text is good most of the times. Though, the subtitles seem to be out of place. As for the manips, there's no problems with placement of the face-claims. Keep it up!

>Clarity (9/10)
I know Wattpad fucks up the quality of the pictures but I can still tell when it's been stretched. (Tip: have the cover be at least 512x800 pixels)

____________________________________

OVERALL APPEAL 6/10
Aesthetic 6/10
As for now, your covers still don't feel whole. The aspects (eg: bg/font/cutouts) still feel like individual art pieces stitched together. Just keep practicing and explore other tools and resources.

____________________________________

FINAL THOUGHTS

Keep making covers! You still have a lot to learn and a lot of time to grow. In time, you'll find your style.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

B O N U S : FAV COVER

⠀

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

T O T A L⠀G R A D E

79.75% ~ C+

Thank you so much for letting me review your covers!