Chapter 15

Javi came back down the stairs, A.J. Dressed in a fresh pair of footsie pajamas. When Kate saw her baby, she held her arms out to him and Esposito handed him to her. "Josh can't really take him away, can he?" Kate asked holding Alex to her.

"I honestly don't know Kate. You'll be getting forms and papers in the mail tomorrow. I found out and thought.." He trailed off and just watched her. Ricks arm was draped over her shoulders and she was leaning into him, just holding her baby. "Call me if you need anything chica." Espo said and kissed her head, them Alexander's. He patted castles back and showed himself out. Rick held Kate closer to him and kissed her temple, smelling the cherries in her hair.

"He can't just take him away, cas..."

"Kate, he won't. I won't let him." He kissed her head again. "But it's getting late. We need to put him down." Rick said standing up and he pulled Kate to her feet and guided her up the stairs.

-next day-

Kate was getting out of the shower and Rick had Alexander in his height chair feeding him baby food which Rick thought was disgusting. But Alex obviously liked it, so nobody complained. Kate emerged just as there was a knock at the door. "Kate, honey, can you grab that?" Rick asked In between making plane noises. Kate laughed and headed for the door. She opened it and josh stood there, a vanilla envelope in hand.

"Josh, what are you doing here?" A grin spread across his face.

"Honey, who is... It?" Rick came around the corner, a giggly Alexander on his hip, traces if his lunch still on his face. "Josh." Rick said coldly.

"Hey, writer monkey. I hope you'll enjoy your last few days with my son, because within two weeks, you won't be able to go within 100 yards of him."

"What the hell josh?!" Kate spat, "do you really think any judge will grant that? Rick did nothing, your the one who assaulted a police officer."

"Kate, that's funny, you see, I have power and money, and those two things mixed together can be leathal. Enjoy your last days with my son." He shoved the envelope to her and leaned past her tickling Alexander's tummy, "by baby boy, daddy will see you soon." And with that he was gone.

"Katherine, what was that?" Martha said entering the loft seeing a shocked Kate and furious Rick standing in the doorway with the door open. Kate didn't speak and Martha looked at Rick. "Richard?" Rick pointed to the envelope and Martha took it from Kate who was still frozen in her spot. She opened it and read the first sentence of the first paper and dropped everything. "Oh my, darlings! He can't just do that can he?"

___________________________________

Comment 👑

Vote

& save 😚